Cambodian, Vietnamese found dead in Immigration detention cell in Bangkok

webfact

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, YetAnother said:

immigration head-count control; saves em further work

Jeeze....you're some sick Tulip.

R.I.P..condolences to family, friends and loved ones.

Not a way, I presume, the way they imagined they would leave this earth.

2 hours ago, bangkoken said:

Strange that the article on two dead detainees is on the same page as an invitation to come to Thailand. Maybe they could use the catch phrase “A great place die”

Yes I thought the same thing.  I also thought what sad lives these two old guys must have lived through considering their ages as the Cambodian probably lived through the Khmer Rouge massacre and the Vietnamese through the US massacre.

RIP you poor souls.

One leg and very sick. He must be a prime candidate for an escape attempt then. That's why he needed to be locked in a cell and not given any medical treatment. 

I think that if you are going to have a massive crackdown on immigration infringements and you publicise the hell out of it. I would say then that it is fairly prudent not to let the people you round up die in police custody.   

God forbid that Thailand might be accused of human rights abuses, Inhumane treatment of people and of course cruelty. They get away with that now because of the level of crime that is committed (Drugs, Murder, Theft, Rape, Etc) They won't when people start dying for overstaying their visa for two days. 

5 hours ago, ignis said:

Often wondered what happens if someone is arrested which is on Med's / Injections every few hours which keep them alive, or have allergic reaction to some foods... do Immigration detention officers listen ?  get the correct foods and Med's on time ?

Christophe von Hohenlohe says hi.

5 hours ago, ignis said:

Often wondered what happens if someone is arrested which is on Med's / Injections every few hours which keep them alive, or have allergic reaction to some foods... do Immigration detention officers listen ?  get the correct foods and Med's on time ?

No way... animals in the zoo are taken care better then inmates in any Thai Jail. If u have any medical condition or aren’t in best health form, you will suffer and die. No AC, sticky humidity, Mosquitoes and fecal bacteria everywhere... sleeping or sitting on dirty concrete. How can a „westerner“ survive this? They don’t care...

7 hours ago, doremifasol said:

........15 foreign nationals were sleeping in the room then one of them  got up in the night to use toilet and noticed that the two were not breathing, so he alerted officials.........

That's odd. I wonder why he got so close to the two as to notice that they were not breathing.....

Thats depending on the size of the cell - if it was how often is the case 15 men stowed together as sardines in a one man cell you just cant miss it - not even the slightest fart....

RIP

Only 15 in the room that’s got to be a first it’s normally twice that amount from what I hear . What happened to the 800 arrested last week where are they being kept. ????????RIP????????To the deceased at least they no longer have to suffer living in such a hell hole.

23 minutes ago, Suradit69 said:

If you are refused entry, why would you be in a detention cell?

You're confusing being refused entry with illegally entering or overstaying.

But then the whole point of your contribution was to post an incoherent rant about your fantasy experience.

You are confused....

Did you read it??

It says they were in detention for ¨illegally entering the country¨.

That is a crime subject to detention.

Educate yourself on the laws here it may help.....

4 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

There must be a lot of escaped farangs on here seeing that they all have first hand knowledge of what the detention centres are like on the inside.

I used to go to the local prison and take books sometimes I was allowed to speak to a farang but they stopped all that .you could also buy food in the carts at the side put the name of the prisoner on it and they would get the meal that also was stopped there are no more food carts I know of a Brit who is serving 4 years he survives on 2 x pot noodles a day from the local 7/11 I presume the guards go and get it for him I also heard he was paying protection money so he could get through his sentence I am told that unless you can prove you are family they do not allow you to visit

3 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

I used to go to the local prison and take books sometimes I was allowed to speak to a farang but they stopped all that .you could also buy food in the carts at the side put the name of the prisoner on it and they would get the meal that also was stopped there are no more food carts I know of a Brit who is serving 4 years he survives on 2 x pot noodles a day from the local 7/11 I presume the guards go and get it for him I also heard he was paying protection money so he could get through his sentence I am told that unless you can prove you are family they do not allow you to visit

Did you even go into your friends cell? That is what a lot on here are describing, what the inside of the cells are like. So it is either they have been arrested and placed in these cells or it is all in their fantasy dreams.

3 hours ago, MJKT2014 said:

Strange how the Nation news fails to mention:

"The Vietnamese man was an amputee, missing his right leg, and was wearing a blue shirt with white stripes and an adult diaper. The man had been caught in Nakhon Si...that both immigrants suffered from pneumonia. The Vietnamese man also had a heart disease and tuberculosis."

as was mentioned in the OTHER newspaper.

Such is the barbarity of life behind bars here for falling foul of immigration regulations.

Poor devils..

May  your souls take flight and bring you to another,better place..

I am also missing a right leg and the last place that I would want to be is in a Thai jail.

How many of you can point the finger at a person and say that this person suffers from a heart disease? How many of you can recognize a person that is suffering from tuberculosis? The only way that anyone can tell is with a full medical examination and a blood test which no immigration officer in the world is qualified to perform and how can a person see if another person is breathing or not in the night.

Guys, I visited a friend at IDC 20 years ago....he was in a 96sqm cell with 138 ppl from 34 countries,he slept on the floor and 24 hours neon light,no way to see outside and has to take turn to lay down for sleep,a smaller room was provided for 6 bosses where they were taking all from new arrivals,a srilankan 21 yo guy was raped by 3 nigerians,3 horrible meals a day....4 cubicles as toilet, and a german man hung himself the night before after less than 24 hours there....hard time for them....RIP to these two....

Just now, NEO The One said:

Guys, I visited a friend at IDC 20 years ago....he was in a 96sqm cell with 138 ppl from 34 countries,he slept on the floor and 24 hours neon light,no way to see outside and has to take turn to lay down for sleep,a smaller room was provided for 6 bosses where they were taking all from new arrivals,a srilankan 21 yo guy was raped by 3 nigerians,3 horrible meals a day....4 cubicles as toilet, and a german man hung himself the night before after less than 24 hours there....hard time for them....RIP to these two....

you speak true.

but there is a difference between hard criminals and light immigration offenders.

nobody deserves such horrible jaling for immigration problem, and yet

this is what's happaning in thailand.

This is on biggest joke's watch. It is now his responsibility. Doubt they both died of natural causes. Too bizarre a coincidence. Wonder how objective the autopsy will be? 

You head a department, you take on responsibility, BJ. Will you be man enough to deal with this properly? Or will you deflect, yet again?

3 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

This is on biggest joke's watch. It is now his responsibility. Doubt they both died of natural causes. Too bizarre a coincidence. Wonder how objective the autopsy will be? 

You head a department, you take on responsibility, BJ. Will you be man enough to deal with this properly? Or will you deflect, yet again?

1 hour ago, Russell17au said:

How many of you can point the finger at a person and say that this person suffers from a heart disease? How many of you can recognize a person that is suffering from tuberculosis? The only way that anyone can tell is with a full medical examination and a blood test which no immigration officer in the world is qualified to perform and how can a person see if another person is breathing or not in the night.

Santarem.

4 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I would imagine he is seeking political office and will only take credit for positive things that happen.  That's what any politician I know of would do.  Why would you expect any different in Thailand than the West?

8 hours ago, otherstuff1957 said:

^ I don't remember all the details, but a few years ago an Austrian tourist accidentally overstayed and died in detention because he couldn't get his meds.

He was referred to as a prince, though I don't think that Austria has had official royalty since the end of WWI.

Your default, if you are a Westerner in Thailand, should always be that such things can and do happen to us here; it is very easy to imagine that the rules, regulations and safety nets with which we have grown up and lived until coming here still apply, and such things will never happen to us, because we are who we are. They do, and while money can ease many situations, it is not difficult to slip through the cracks and find oneself in a desperate and vulnerable situation; far too many do.

8 hours ago, bangkoken said:

Strange that the article on two dead detainees is on the same page as an invitation to come to Thailand. Maybe they could use the catch phrase “A great place die”

Amazing thailand... she will leave you breathless!

Archived