Cambodian, Vietnamese found dead in Immigration detention cell in Bangkok

webfact

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, ignis said:

Often wondered what happens if someone is arrested which is on Med's / Injections every few hours which keep them alive, or have allergic reaction to some foods... do Immigration detention officers listen ?  get the correct foods and Med's on time ?

TIT!

21 hours ago, KiChakayan said:

Great job immigration, an overcrowded cell can have the same effect as a room with a malfunctioning wood stove. But they are just too dumb to anticipate this kind of possibilities

Yes, I'm sure whenever someone is incarcerated, the first question that should be asked is: "Could this cell have the same effect as a room with a malfunctioning wood stove."

19 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

You are confused....

Did you read it??

It says they were in detention for ¨illegally entering the country¨.

That is a crime subject to detention.

Educate yourself on the laws here it may help.....

"Did you read it??"

What is "it?"

I wasn't quoting the article, I was quoting another poster who said something about the danger of being refused entry.  His post has since been removed, but it was obviously there when you rushed to respond.

Maybe you need to educate yourself on how responding to a quote works in the forum a well as the pitfalls of using "it" without any clear reference.

3 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

Yes, I'm sure whenever someone is incarcerated, the first question that should be asked is: "Could this cell have the same effect as a room with a malfunctioning wood stove."

Indeed, in any civilised place "Immigration" would be held fully accountable for these deaths. But we know that "responsibility" isn't a Thai concept.

Overcrowding holding cells, besides going against any basic human rights, bears multiple risks of injury and loss of life, only idiots or criminals would refuse to accept that.

All the officers on duty on that post where 2 individuals died in the cells.....should be plainly sacked !

But this is Thailand, no respect for human life and where a uniform with wings puts one above the law and mainly above elementary, civilised decency. Shameful and disgraceful image to the world. :1zgarz5:

1 hour ago, observer90210 said:

All the officers on duty on that post where 2 individuals died in the cells.....should be plainly sacked !

But this is Thailand, no respect for human life and where a uniform with wings puts one above the law and mainly above elementary, civilised decency. Shameful and disgraceful image to the world. :1zgarz5:

What did the officers do wrong ?

Archived