Tv Edumacation Levels

Jet Gorgon

how far did you go?  

103 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's good to see i'm not the only Nobel prize nominee on the board, we have to meet up for a beer sometime.

So what if i was scoring primarily 99th percentiles on standardized tests and had a high intellectual profile across ability domains, great inner drive to learn across domains and was exceptionally to Profoundly Gifted and highly advanced on IQ tests?

So what if i had kindergarten skills by the age of 2½ years and questioned the exsistance of Santa and the Tooth Fairy by the age of three?

So what if i could spontaneously read, understand fairly complex math and had existential concerns by age 4-5 without any instruction?

So what if i had high school level grade equivalencies by age 7 years old, mostly through my own reading and question asking?

Would this make my chances of being a success any greater than others?

And the majority of these are USofA Edumacation levels I assume?

Mine isn't listed...

I forgot the Brit equivalents. middle school? O levels? dropout? :o

You forgot BSc, MSc - are you scientist ?

(No, that is not a grammatical error - I mean as in scientist-ist :D )

I would like to know which TV members had their "Gradumacation" :o

Because quoting the highly respected authority on edumacation:

Sometimes a gradumacation ceremony involves sodomy. Lots of sodomy. This is supplemented by the Board of Edumacation. In any case, after gradumacating, you will have a very very sore ass for probably the next week, or so.

Source: http://edumacation.com/MeaningOfEdumacation

So fess up, who had a very very sore *ss for a week?

And the majority of these are USofA Edumacation levels I assume?

Mine isn't listed...

I forgot the Brit equivalents. middle school? O levels? dropout? :D

You forgot BSc, MSc - are you scientist ?

(No, that is not a grammatical error - I mean as in scientist-ist :D )

You also forgot the most relevant one, BSt in humanities

marshbags :o

If you wish, we could change "BA" to include BS, B.Ed., B.M., BSc and change "MA" to include all master's levels. We could add a category for "postgraduate professional degrees in law, theology, etc. that are not classified as doctorates."

Jet, you left off the category of "Three earned doctorates,." such as the late Doctor Dr. Dr. Albert Schweitzer.

I can name two hillbillies who were Rhodes scholars....

Sorry, Jet. Couldn't answer as UK schooling is different to US. I'm somewhere in between. I have a good IQ score, though... :D Who was banging on about IQ in another thread I read recently??

First off, my humble apologies for the omission of English/Euro school system levels and for my egregious error in not including the scientific degrees; where would we be without our scientists. :o Mea culpa.

Could one of you wonderful Brits please translate this from US to Brit for me?

elementary grades 1-6

jr high 7-9

sr high 10-12

Then off to college or uni, if so desired.

Now, based on the poll results so far, I see that 3.528 of you paragons of mental wizardry were Nobel Prize nominees/winners. I am honoured to be on the same forum as you lot. So, did one of you get only just more than half nominated or awarded? How did you pull that off? Anyway, please share your unique gifts with us. John Nash, anyone?

I only started this poll, because Ashacat was going off on the Thammasat breast-baring thread about an education poll. But, thank you all for your interest.

NR, you can start an IQ poll. I can't wait to see what the creative rocket scientists will formulate for themselves for that one. You best put 200+ as one selection. :D No wonder it's a farang circus out there.

I would like to know which TV members had their "Gradumacation" :D

Because quoting the highly respected authority on edumacation:

Sometimes a gradumacation ceremony involves sodomy. Lots of sodomy. This is supplemented by the Board of Edumacation. In any case, after gradumacating, you will have a very very sore ass for probably the next week, or so.

Source: http://edumacation.com/MeaningOfEdumacation

So fess up, who had a very very sore *ss for a week?

Monty... what can I say???

Farking classic mate!!!

:o

I'm also one of those with unlisted qualifications.

But never mind, I suspect there is a gap between the education people claim to have and the evidence of their education within their posts.

And regardless of whether my suspicions are true or not, it'll not be long before this thread descends into criticism along the lines of 'Education means nothing'.

Why no real degrees B.Sc. MSc. ?

It always confuses people to learn that my college issued BA degrees for all its majors including computer science, math, and physics.

But it is always great fun in my career to talk people down from calling me "Professor" to telling them I "just have a BA", because they usually jump to so many conclusions as captured in the threads that lead up to this poll!

Oh, I'm not a professor. "So where did you do your Ph.D. then?" I didn't. "Oh! Well where is your M.Sc. from then?" Never found one of those either. At this point they look befuddled and I usually just have to finish it for them. Maybe they were afraid I had never been to any school, but just stepped straight off some space ship...

So I can appreciate the frustration some people have expressed in the way degrees get used as qualifiers. I've certainly met some highly degreed numbskulls too, but hey that's a population distribution for you. :o

Here ya' go, ladeez and gents, free brain surgery by a bloke wot just stepped off the trolley from his streetsweeper's job. And in this corner, Jester Theocrates Pladonius, who dropped out of Mrs. Askansadapalitidy's second grade primary class, will be your attorney/lawyer/barrister for your appeal to the World Court. Next?

Degrees? You don't need no stinkin' degreez! Professor of rocket fuel with seven years of passing through prathom and matayom? You must be a genius.....go fix Swanaphum.

It's good to see i'm not the only Nobel prize nominee on the board, we have to meet up for a beer sometime.

So what if i was scoring primarily 99th percentiles on standardized tests and had a high intellectual profile across ability domains, great inner drive to learn across domains and was exceptionally to Profoundly Gifted and highly advanced on IQ tests?

So what if i had kindergarten skills by the age of 2½ years and questioned the exsistance of Santa and the Tooth Fairy by the age of three?

So what if i could spontaneously read, understand fairly complex math and had existential concerns by age 4-5 without any instruction?

So what if i had high school level grade equivalencies by age 7 years old, mostly through my own reading and question asking?

Would this make my chances of being a success any greater than others?

You tease. Why is your avatar the picture of a totally hot woman? You had me totally wound up hot and bothered with your post, and then I check your profile, and find out you are a man.