am i eligible for smart visa?

Hello how are you all i would be glad if some expert from here can guide me better i'm 19 years old holding Pakistani passport i been to Thailand on tourist visa 2 times and this happy new year i have planing to go there as well but i'm planing to get smart visa i read they have option for Digital business as well good news for me cuz i have a online digital music plugins selling store already and i'm making easily more than $6000 every single month but i have no idea what to do next how to apply for smart visa and do i need to keep my money in my Thai bank every month and then use it explain me please thank you

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, danilay said:

Hello how are you all i would be glad if some expert from here can guide me better i'm 19 years old holding Pakistani passport i been to Thailand on tourist visa 2 times and this happy new year i have planing to go there as well but i'm planing to get smart visa i read they have option for Digital business as well good news for me cuz i have a online digital music plugins selling store already and i'm making easily more than $6000 every single month but i have no idea what to do next how to apply for smart visa and do i need to keep my money in my Thai bank every month and then use it explain me please thank you

https://www.boi.go.th/en/smart_visa

If you simply want to have a base in Thailand, have a look at Thailand Elite.  The visa from Thailand Elite doesn't allow you to work - but you can come/go as you please, as long as the visa is valid.  https://www.thailandelite.com

Having a Thailand Elite visa does not remove the work permit requirement, or even reduce the requirements of a workpermit.  If you want to work, you'll need either a job & work permit, or a work permit applied for by the company you establish.  If the company you establish is BOI promoted, some requirements are relaxed.

Only mentioning it, if you are looking for a way to be in Thailand for an extended period of time, while evaluating your options.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PerkinsCuthbert said:

A word to the wise too - it is not a good idea to discuss specifics of your financial situation on social media, and that includes ThaiVisa.

Care to explain why? Honest question

I mean short of account & PIN numbers I don’t see the problem of telling people your rough income or even the non specific source 

Slightly off topic - Visa on arrival. Are they still looking for XBaht (or equivalent currency) at immigration? How much?

Would a bank debit card qualify or something else with it (e.g. current bank statement)?

For a family member on a first time visit.

10 minutes ago, lvr181 said:

Slightly off topic - Visa on arrival. Are they still looking for XBaht (or equivalent currency) at immigration? How much?

Would a bank debit card qualify or something else with it (e.g. current bank statement)?

For a family member on a first time visit.

I suspect by visa on arrival you mean coming in on a Visa exempt entry.

Yes for all types of entry the immigration officers can ask to see proof of funds.   You should be carrying 20,000 THB or the equivalent in a major currency (mixed is ok)

A bank card, credit cards, bank books etc are not accepted, nor are current bank statements.  Only cash.

There are NO ATMS before Immigration, therefore you need to get the cash *before* you fly.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/26/2018 at 5:31 PM, seancbk said:

I suspect by visa on arrival you mean coming in on a Visa exempt entry.

Yes for all types of entry the immigration officers can ask to see proof of funds.   You should be carrying 20,000 THB or the equivalent in a major currency (mixed is ok)

A bank card, credit cards, bank books etc are not accepted, nor are current bank statements.  Only cash.

There are NO ATMS before Immigration, therefore you need to get the cash *before* you fly.   

Apologise for continuing this off topic subject but, does the cash requirement apply to children (teenagers) travelling with parents, or is there a family scenario?

They are coming from UK and will enter on the visa exempt basis.

9 hours ago, Tofer said:

Apologise for continuing this off topic subject but, does the cash requirement apply to children (teenagers) travelling with parents, or is there a family scenario?

The actual rule for a visa exempt entry is 10k baht for an individual or 20k baht for a family.

• Like 1

On 10/27/2018 at 9:44 PM, Tofer said:

They are coming from UK and will enter on the visa exempt basis.

I doubt very much that they would ask a family for proof of funds.  The Immigration officers ask for proof of funds as a way to refuse the person entry, based on them thinking the person is here too often or too much, which might mean they suspect the person of working.   

18 minutes ago, seancbk said:

I doubt very much that they would ask a family for proof of funds.  The Immigration officers ask for proof of funds as a way to refuse the person entry, based on them thinking the person is here too often or too much, which might mean they suspect the person of working.   

Thank you Sean.

• Like 1

On 10/28/2018 at 7:39 AM, ubonjoe said:

The actual rule for a visa exempt entry is 10k baht for an individual or 20k baht for a family.

Thank you Ubonjoe

That is good to know.  The 20K amount has been thrown around for years as being the amount you need. 

Thanks for the clarification Joe.

On 10/28/2018 at 10:39 AM, ubonjoe said:

That is not correct. ????

Reply (full text of email 29/10/2018) from a Thai Consulate in Australia "As you are entering under the visa exemption scheme you are unlikely to be asked to demonstrate financial capacity, however in the instance you are you should be able to demonstrate you have funds of at least AUD$800 at your disposal."

It does not say cash only.

7 minutes ago, lvr181 said:

That is not correct.

Yes it is correct.

From the Ministry of Foreign Affairs website.

"However, please make sure that you are in possession of a passport valid for

at least 6 months, a round-trip air ticket, and adequate finances equivalent to

at least 10,000 Baht per person or 20,000 Baht per family. Otherwise, you may be

inconvenienced upon entry into the country."

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes it is correct.

From the Ministry of Foreign Affairs website.

"However, please make sure that you are in possession of a passport valid for

at least 6 months, a round-trip air ticket, and adequate finances equivalent to

at least 10,000 Baht per person or 20,000 Baht per family. Otherwise, you may be

inconvenienced upon entry into the country."

Should I tell the Thai Consulate they are wrong? ????

Could you give me the weblink for that please ASAP. I cannot see your information.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, lvr181 said:

Should I tell the Thai Consulate they are wrong? ????

Could you give me the weblink for that please ASAP. I cannot see your information.

Thanks.

Link: http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/4908/15380-Questions-&-Answers-on-Thai-Visa.html

Which consulate is it? If not the Sydney consulate it is only a honorary consulate that answered you question.

Most embassies and consulates are not always a reliable source of info about anything to do with immigrations requirements for entry to the country.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Link: http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/4908/15380-Questions-&-Answers-on-Thai-Visa.html

Which consulate is it? If not the Sydney consulate it is only a honorary consulate that answered you question.

Most embassies and consulates are not always a reliable source of info about anything to do with immigrations requirements for entry to the country.

Okay - thanks for that. 

Brisbane Consulate.

I can only conclude that like many Govt. departments the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing. :thumbsup: 

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Long story short, emailed the consulate with your weblink. They apologised and confirmed 10K Baht.

Thanks for your help - my grandson is pleased. ????

• 1 month later...
On 10/26/2018 at 8:18 AM, tpkhk said:

If you simply want to have a base in Thailand, have a look at Thailand Elite.  The visa from Thailand Elite doesn't allow you to work - but you can come/go as you please, as long as the visa is valid.  https://www.thailandelite.com

Having a Thailand Elite visa does not remove the work permit requirement, or even reduce the requirements of a workpermit.  If you want to work, you'll need either a job & work permit, or a work permit applied for by the company you establish.  If the company you establish is BOI promoted, some requirements are relaxed.

Only mentioning it, if you are looking for a way to be in Thailand for an extended period of time, while evaluating your options.

the link you sent me took me to credit card website