Fixed Line And Hi Speed Internet

rono

will be moving to pak chong-khao yai next month, found out that TOT can install a fixed line but not adsl, they advised ipstar.

read a lot about problems tv members are facing with ipstar, are there any other options?

1.other fixed line provider

2.adsl line providers

3.how about gprs

rono

Hi

It really depends on a couple of things.

TOT told me that I could have a fixed line, but I had to wait until somebody that had one left it to me in their will. Even if I could get one, quickly, I am too far from the main town to have it upgraded to ADSL.

I am also that far from the town that GPRS is a complete non-starter, no signal most of the time.

So I'm stuck with TOT IPStar, it isn't as bad through TOT as it is with LOX, and it really isn't as bad as has been made out in the past.

So.

1. If you can get a land-line and it can be ADSL enabled. Do that.

or if you can't.

2. GPRS, if the signal strength is good.

if it isn't.

3. TOT IPStar

Get the TOT IPStar 1 megabyte and skip UBC. Now you can download most news services for free in the background. I can download more than 4 hours of video every twentyfour hours the way things are running now for around 2,300 baht per month. When Joost comes online and gets out of beta it is promising live realtime TV over the internet.

• 3 weeks later...
Get the TOT IPStar 1 megabyte and skip UBC. Now you can download most news services for free in the background. I can download more than 4 hours of video every twentyfour hours the way things are running now for around 2,300 baht per month. When Joost comes online and gets out of beta it is promising live realtime TV over the internet.

Hi Mai Kap,

what would i need or have to do in order to get TOT Ipstar 1MB highspeed Inernet in the Isaan, you said, for 2,300 pm? Thanks for your help! You can better contact me at [email protected]. Lost password of my old email adress stored on thaivisa.com. >> just edited my email address.

I have a movable 7,5 feet mesh dish with a Dynasat IRD-7100 receiver. Is that of any help?

Edited by Dario
email address removed