Advice Honda Forza 2018 or Yamaha XMax 400 T max

Thai Expat

I currently have the 2016 Forza done me great service runs like a dream but I fancy a newer bike mixed reports I’ve seen on social media the New Forza has Tyre Issues so I’m wondering do I bite the bullet try a Yamaha XMax 300 or the 400 I have just seen on the internet 

or push the boat out go for a TMax but they are rather expensive can any one give me a honest opinion on the Forza new model

or the XMax 400 or T max thanks guys I appreciate help and advice

I have the new Forza since 4-5 month. Some owner reported tire issues, wobbeling and discoloration of the windshield (because of two screws under the shield).

Windshield problem I had also, Honda changed the windshield and screws on the first service. 
The Wobbeling I also have on some streets if drive 70-80 km/h and then abruptly let go of the throttle with no hands on the handle. In my case it is from 70-40 km/h.

If you have two finger on the handlebar, there is no shimmy effect. 

Otherwise I have no problems so far and I'm happy with the Forza.
On the other hand the Xmax 300 is a very similar scooter. Xmas acceleration is slightly faster but marginal. If you want something new, why not change to Yamaha?

I think both are very similar. Compared to the old Forza there is a big improvement on both.

You may test it before you buy. Riding position is a little different compared to the old Forza.

TMax is around 500k new, BMW also starts to sale a new scooter C400, price around 400k THB.
Big price difference compared to Xmax or Forza and service also a lot more.

Forza and Xmax relatively cheap to buy, cheap to service and easy to sale if you want.

I would buy Forza or Xmax in that segment mostly because of the big price difference.
If money is not that important in the decision, Yamaha TMax as it is more fun to drive.

I would not buy the BMW scooter for 400k THB, as it is overpriced in Thaiand.

Thanks very much i see there is a 400 XMax which I’m trying find more information 230,000bht I see on internet but available I don’t know.The TMax is lovely but expensive really bit out of what I wanna pay I like my old Forza but time to move on thanks for reply 

3 hours ago, Thai Expat said:

Thanks very much i see there is a 400 XMax which I’m trying find more information 230,000bht I see on internet but available I don’t know.The TMax is lovely but expensive really bit out of what I wanna pay I like my old Forza but time to move on thanks for reply 

As far as I know the Xmax 400 is not available in Thailand. 
Xmax 300: about 28hp / 29NM weight 180kg

Xmax 400: about 33hp / 36NM weight 210kg

XMax 400 also only 13" rear wheel. 

Just 5hp more, smaller tire and 30kg more weight. I would rather take the 300ccm version.

What you think about the Honda X-ADV? 
750ccm, 55hp, double clutch DCT transmission, price about 420k THB.

screenshot_931.jpg.c2fd4cf7cd626ba59e464f4d99cd9d79.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

What did you decide in the end?

I have been pondering a few days and I think I will go for the Forza because:

1 - Honda vs Yamaha. I hear Honda has the edge. I had a PCX for 18 months, 36.5k km not a single problem.

2 - Space under seat marginally bigger.

3 - More elegant look (although I am starting to like the Xmax too)

4 - Mirrors

5 - Easier to touch the ground.

6 - I like the dashboard more.

7 - Colour (I like the white/blue version)

Of the Xmax I like the fact that:

1 - It would be more of a change from the PCX.

2 - It has faster top speed by approx 5 miles/hr and more powerful start

And I don't like:

1 - Too high for me maybe

2 - Yamaha

3 - Dashboard is simpler

4 - To have it the colours I want I would need to wrap it in part.

• 2 weeks later...

I would go for the forza you can always upgrade the tires if need be.  The forza looks better, rides better and is a smoother bike.  I also think the build quality on hondas is better as evidenced in the cheaper built xmax, nmax, aerox etc.

• 10 months later...

Hello guys. I am thinking to buy some bike for long distance trip now. Currently owner of PCX 150 with over 90000 km on odometer and absolutely happy with this reliable bike, any unexpected broke on the road ( I made one time 900km per day going to Krabi from Chonburi haha)

Looking at Forza or Xmas now. Can someone share experience with Xmax? Is it good and reliable bike?

22 hours ago, Label89 said:

Hello guys. I am thinking to buy some bike for long distance trip now. Currently owner of PCX 150 with over 90000 km on odometer and absolutely happy with this reliable bike, any unexpected broke on the road ( I made one time 900km per day going to Krabi from Chonburi haha)

Looking at Forza or Xmas now. Can someone share experience with Xmax? Is it good and reliable bike?

I have a X-Max 300 and love it, plenty of power compared to the PCX which I also own.........at 100kmh you can safely accelerate and overtake a car or truck, not the case with the PCX...........I've done a few 2000km road trips and it's been great.........no need for a top box because over 40L storage under seat............if unsure hire both bikes for a few days and compare..........the new Forza wasn't available when I bought my X-Max in 2018

On 10/9/2019 at 8:59 PM, Label89 said:

Hi,

I have done about 40k km on PCX150 all around the country, and 20k km on the New Forza, also going everywhere long distance. See photos of both attached.20170505_002414-1.thumb.jpg.beba7d8d008347e7d60154873aa9f33b.jpg.

I have never tried the XMax, but I go with the overall view that it's faster than the Forza but not as smooth.

For long distance the PCX was perfectly OK for my taste, and so is the Forza. The Forza will hit your wallet more if you speed as it consumes more.

The stability of the Forza is more evident in traffic, where you can balance the bike better than you would with the PCX, but obviously its size can be slightly (just slightly) more tricky when going around cars (no problems going straight if you fold the mirrors).

What you gain in stability you lose in shock absorbing. This is my biggest disappointment with Forza (I don't think the XMax would be better). I changed the absorbers front and back, I brought it to YSS for tuning, but still it feels like an empty truck when dealing with potholes, I remember the PCX being a pleasure instead.

I realise this comparison is not what you were asking (you were looking for the Xmax vs Forza comparison), but hopefully it's useful.

Would I upgrade again from PCX to Forza?...

Maybe yes, maybe not... I fancied a change, and I got it. There are some advantages and disadvantages on both, but both are suitable for travel long distance and city.

The only factor to consider then is the expenditure: are you prepared to fork out 70k more and spend 50% more on petrol for a bike (Forza) that gives you some advantages and some disadvantages over the PCX?

149235.jpg

On 10/11/2019 at 11:44 AM, canerandagio said:

Hi,

I have done about 40k km on PCX150 all around the country, and 20k km on the New Forza, also going everywhere long distance. See photos of both attached.20170505_002414-1.thumb.jpg.beba7d8d008347e7d60154873aa9f33b.jpg.

I have never tried the XMax, but I go with the overall view that it's faster than the Forza but not as smooth.

For long distance the PCX was perfectly OK for my taste, and so is the Forza. The Forza will hit your wallet more if you speed as it consumes more.

The stability of the Forza is more evident in traffic, where you can balance the bike better than you would with the PCX, but obviously its size can be slightly (just slightly) more tricky when going around cars (no problems going straight if you fold the mirrors).

What you gain in stability you lose in shock absorbing. This is my biggest disappointment with Forza (I don't think the XMax would be better). I changed the absorbers front and back, I brought it to YSS for tuning, but still it feels like an empty truck when dealing with potholes, I remember the PCX being a pleasure instead.

I realise this comparison is not what you were asking (you were looking for the Xmax vs Forza comparison), but hopefully it's useful.

Would I upgrade again from PCX to Forza?...

Maybe yes, maybe not... I fancied a change, and I got it. There are some advantages and disadvantages on both, but both are suitable for travel long distance and city.

The only factor to consider then is the expenditure: are you prepared to fork out 70k more and spend 50% more on petrol for a bike (Forza) that gives you some advantages and some disadvantages over the PCX?

149235.jpg

Hi, thanks for your feedback. So did you spend 70000 baht for new fork and rear suspension? It's almost 50% of forza price lol. 

Or maybe better look at some Kawasaki Z 400 ปี 2019 with manual transmission????????????? Or Honda CBR 500 

22 minutes ago, Label89 said:

Hi, thanks for your feedback. So did you spend 70000 baht for new fork and rear suspension? It's almost 50% of forza price lol. 

Or maybe better look at some Kawasaki Z 400 ปี 2019 with manual transmission????????????? Or Honda CBR 500 

Hi, sorry, maybe I was not clear. The 70k I referred to was the difference between the cost of PCX and Forza. If I don't remember wrong the YSS suspensions for the Forza front and back were 10k.

On 10/26/2018 at 6:59 PM, Thai Expat said:

Looks great I m really down to the XMax 300 or the New Forza I think Uwe decision decisions!!!! I looked at all reviews seem like they are level in performance 

With a top speed nearing 100mph, the 292cc single in the XMAX is probably more powerful than most will need it to be.

The A2-compliant 27.6bhp motor is plenty for zipping around the city and won't intimidate fresh converts to two wheels, either.

OP< If I were you, the answer is here:

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/bike-reviews/yamaha/xmax-300/2017/

Archived