US shoe brand prepares to open Thai store

webfact

US shoe brand prepares to open Thai store

By The Nation

e55b2285def123d01eec7f04ca5188c4.jpeg

Skechers, an American footwear company, is gearing up to release an updated version of its D'Lites 3.0 sneaker in Thailand.

It is also announcing the appointment of teen idol, Itthipat "God" Thanit, as Skechers’ Thailand brand presenter. He is helping introduce the Skechers Concept Store at Central World. 

“We are delighted to present D’Lites 3.0, an updated version of the classic D'Lites and its timeless design, to a new generation of young Thais," said Vincent Leung, regional president of Skechers. "It’s a trend driven take on the original D’Lites that features an oversize, chunky outsole that comes in a striking black, white and green."

Itthipat, an actor and model, is fully in line with Skechers’ young, trendy brand image via the store on Central World's third floor in Zone B.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30357203

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-10-26

Probably a good move, when we were in the states, those shoes were always the number one request backed up with i send you the money you send me the shoes.  So they are popular here, why not.  Best of luck to these guys i wish them well. 

I buy all my trainers,tshirt and shorts in the uk as they are way too expensive in Thailand.everything branded here costs so much more.my ray ban sunglasses are 9,600b in the opticians and 5,000b on eBay.i get 3 Slazenger tshirt for 420b in the uk,I've not seen them here but I bet they would be 400b each.

2 hours ago, watcharacters said:

There are much less expensive options available on the internet than the 5000 THB from eBay

Yes there is as we all know but at the time I was earning 500,000 b a month so were cheap.i don't even wear them much as I'm happy to wear 100b ones now I don't earn 1b a month.

2 hours ago, happy chappie said:

Yes there is as we all know but at the time I was earning 500,000 b a month so were cheap.i don't even wear them much as I'm happy to wear 100b ones now I don't earn 1b a month.

I'm sorry but I miss the relevancy of your reply.

This is a well kown brand but often in the mall's of BKK or HH, the prices are almost similar, if not the same or more, as those in certain...certain European metros. So what's the point for a visitor or expat (with good ca$h flow) to do any shopping in Thailand ? .... Greed sometimes pairs with stupid...

Archived