British family's heartbreaking plea to get body home after father-of-five dies in Thailand

webfact

19 hours ago, jossthaifarang said:

It's so hard for me to understand, how a man can do such a thing to his children. His youngest will grow up without ever knowing his father, which is bad enough but the other four will never forget this, and at some point may even begin thinking it may have somehow been there fault. 

Really selfish thing to do mate..

He could do such a thing to his children because of his state of mind. We don't all see things from the same perspective ...

• Like 1

RIP sad to read but lots of people suffer with mental illness

not selfish take your own life depression is a disease in there head they believe its only way out of pain suffering and release the family burden, i have lost some friends they come happy talk smile you think they are OK but in some cases have already decided time to go

your right embassy will assist with a funeral overseas..

personally as other have quoted cremate him in Thailand bring ashes home, save money hes gone most people and im one dont want you to waste your money on a expensive funeral in your home country,  cremate him in Thailand bring ashes home..   

Edited by Mad mick
  • Like 1

It is very sad but if topic is all about money to send his body home. I would say shame on British embassies and all embassies alike if they even have no regards for their citizens corpse.  Instead of cremation, bury him here in Thailand.

3 minutes ago, Different said:

It is very sad but if topic is all about money to send his body home. I would say shame on British embassies and all embassies alike if they even have no regards for their citizens corpse.  Instead of cremation, bury him here in Thailand.

And what about his family and his wife and kids who may want his remains to come home to the UK in whatever form that takes, body or ashes?

I cannot see them accepting what you propose as a solution.

Embassies do not consider it their duty to repatriate citizens, dead or alive, back to their country of origin unless involved in official humanitarian missions or in times of war.

x

3 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Embassies do not consider it their duty to repatriate citizens, dead or alive, back to their country of origin unless involved in official humanitarian missions or in times of war.

To my understanding and firm knowledge, embassies are founded to serve citizens abroad. I don't know where you limited embassies duties are not obliged not serve citizens but only officials?

Have him cremated, then his ashes can be sent back far cheaper,  is there really difference between a funereal service with a body in a coffin or a memorial service with the deceased ashes in an urn, can sill be laid to rest with a memorial stone above. 

11 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Embassys are not there to send deceased people home and they arent there to service citizens every need .

They are not the DHSS/DSS offices abroad  

Thank you for exposing truth about civilized western countries are not interested in majority of their people but only the rich.  BTW my country considered 3rd world country but they would take care of my body if I die abroad.????

32 minutes ago, Different said:

Thank you for exposing truth about civilized western countries are not interested in majority of their people but only the rich.  BTW my country considered 3rd world country but they would take care of my body if I die abroad.????

My Country expects me to take care of myself , in this case, its up to the family to decide what they want to do .

Governments are funded by tax payers , why should UK workers , many who cannot afford to travel to Thailand and cannot afford to have five children , pay to get this guy flown home ?

They will probably now have to pay to bring his kids up , through social security .

Its unfair on the others(tax payers) , to expect them to pay

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

My Country expects me to take care of myself , in this case, its up to the family to decide what they want to do .

Governments are funded by tax payers , why should UK workers , many who cannot afford to travel to Thailand and cannot afford to have five children , pay to get this guy flown home ?

They will probably now have to pay to bring his kids up , through social security .

Its unfair on the others(tax payers) , to expect them to pay

Yep, and he probably saved a few quid skimping of travel insurance, that's is even if he took out any. 

19 hours ago, Different said:

x

To my understanding and firm knowledge, embassies are founded to serve citizens abroad. I don't know where you limited embassies duties are not obliged not serve citizens but only officials?

The post certainly didn't say only officials. 

@Scouse123

Pretty much the same for my Mum; & my sister organised everything, even having the service sent to me live here.

Couldn't view it on my tablet, so went to an internet shop. A few tears, but the people who were around me, were so discreet..

Will drop you a pm, as there's something I'd like to share with you about her last few months.

• Thanks 1

On 10/26/2018 at 7:30 AM, webfact said:

The 36-year-old's sister, Lisa Rowlands said the whole family are still in complete shock, but they have been given four days to raise the funds to bring his body back to the UK.

The gofundme raised about £2600, the four days are up so I guess he's been cremated already.

On 10/26/2018 at 12:59 PM, jossthaifarang said:

It's so hard for me to understand, how a man can do such a thing to his children. His youngest will grow up without ever knowing his father, which is bad enough but the other four will never forget this, and at some point may even begin thinking it may have somehow been there fault. 

Really selfish thing to do mate..

If you don't understand then take the lesson that in life everyone makes his own decisions.

8 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

I, as I said before, have no opinion on the circumstances of death, but feel it is wrong to ask strangers, Go fund me pages and crowdfunding to pay for things such as this.

Well said, I know better causes to give to.

• Like 1

Fishing Holiday to Thailand?

Maybe that is what he told his family.

Agree a very selfish thing to do when you have kids.

All the talk of mental illness yet can still plan a trip to Thailand and make it there from the UK?

It is sad, however not as sad as leaving your kids behind, apparently with nothing, so he could go to Thailand.

Always have enough to get to Thailand, but never enough to make it back should something go wrong.

It is hard to have any respect at all for someone that would do this when they have kids they should be providing for.

His kids will face a lifetime of suffering.