Early renewal of Retirement extension.

I have an extension of stay, based on retirement, which runs to 19 June 2019.

It is likely that I will be overseas from early May to July.

Does anyone have any personal experience of renewing early i.e. up to 5 months early.

It would suit me to have the renewal date in January.

No chance of apply 5 months early. You’ll need to start again if you’re out of the country when it expires.

If you want renewals to be in Jan you’re going to have to enter with a non ‘O’ sometime in October so you can apply for an extension in Jan.

• Like 1

Applying early would not change the date your extension ends. The only way to do that would be leave without a re-entry permit and then start all over again by getting a new non-o visa.

About the earliest you could apply for would be 45 days. The longest I can recall of one being done was 60 days with proof they had a planned trip out of the country.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Applying early would not change the date your extension ends. The only way to do that would be leave without a re-entry permit and then start all over again by getting a new non-o visa.

About the earliest you could apply for would be 45 days. The longest I can recall of one being done was 60 days with proof they had a planned trip out of the country.

Thanks.

Buriram won't do more than 30 days.........  that is OK, I can now plan my travels to return with a Non O in December 2019.