Anti-military dictatorship rap song tops iTunes downloads in Thailand

rooster59

1 hour ago, klauskunkel said:

I imagine Prayut is brainstorming with his girly band BNK48 how to answer that rap song:

803055328_bnk48.jpg.c4b11af937d257a5e882f860ff5b1b77.jpg

apparently they all found the answer between their molars...

Anyway, looking forward to the coming musical battle:

Sanitized Softy-Pop vs. Raw Power-Rap

You're having a laugh; it would take him 10 years to grow a brain first as there is nothing to storm !

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Maejo Man said:

I watched it, thought it was brilliant, and I'm not a rap fan. I liked it, I shared it, and now waiting for a knock on the door.

Are the junta going to lock up 7 million people?

No, only the people sharing, or maybe liking too. We enjoy such great freedom here; we must use TOR to like.

2 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

................before you get lynched from a lamp post in a public place.

........... oh the joy......................

Indeed...

Yet, any such activities will require an influential blessing. 

• Like 1

Taking away the freedom to think and state your opinion may not go down so well with the Thai youth. Arresting this guy may have an effect at the polls. He may find that an acceptable price to pay, but I doubt it. Just the fact that this is an issue is discouraging. 

4 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

Which is exactly what was gonna happen when they started issuing threats .. Best promo it was ever gonna get .. Uncle P and gang just don't get it do they .. 

They have Art. 44.  Re-education in lock down. Sorted !

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GaryAdriaenssens said:

I wouldn't want to be in those rappers's shoes, sorry. Somehow they will pay some price for it sooner or later. Maybe say goodbye to their career... in Thailand that is.

And what has this military government got to do with the 1976 incident.  I feel very content with the peaceful ness of the country since the military took over . No red, yellow shirts .Wonderful for tourist. With the bullets going off I never went out. Let piece rain.

• Sad 2

41 minutes ago, SymS said:

Thanks, I'll never understand why news outlets consider public sources as "confidential materials"

Well if it's balls that is all you need, these can be taken from them.

Edited by Percy P

And the one thing dictatorships can't cope with (even the Chinese!) is the multi-headed hydra of modern communications - internet, Twitter, Facebook and all the rest. Chop off one head and 5 more pop up ...

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, boonrawdcnx said:

The guys already gave interviews - they are not afraid of Prayuth or his henchmen.

They are intellectually far superior than any of the wannabe dictators who think they run the country.
They believe in what they are doing and are well aware of the possible consequences.

Slowly but steady dissent is growing many of the Thai people have had enough of this charade.
The language used in the song is unprecedented, strong and insulting telling these dinosaurs to go.

Almost 10 million views on youtube and almost 1/2 million likes - with the threat of prison and fines for every Like it seems people don’t care anymore - I think it’s Prayuth who should be afraid now - something amazing has happened here a new generation of Thais has grown tired of the old ways - and this generation wants to be heard now.

They don’t need to be afraid as history teaches us - whatever dark chapters different countries had to go through - all dictators have failed sooner or later - in the end the people always win.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

What if nothing happens? Like, what if the junta plays it smart and doesn't punish them.. just let it be and continue running the country... 

For them to step down there needs to be massive protests with people storming / blocking the government buildings / airports etc as usual... And then we will see how the military reacts.. hopefully they step down peacefully and elections are called..

but what if there are no protests?

Maybe the military will call for an election anyway as they have promised.. but that will be a mock election where the military will Still have veto powers according to 2016 referendum..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hobz said:

What if nothing happens? Like, what if the junta plays it smart and doesn't punish them.. just let it be and continue running the country... 

For them to step down there needs to be massive protests with people storming / blocking the government buildings / airports etc as usual... And then we will see how the military reacts.. hopefully they step down peacefully and elections are called..

but what if there are no protests?

Maybe the military will call for an election anyway as they have promised.. but that will be a mock election where the military will Still have veto powers according to 2016 referendum..

well said but what if this stuff ( i dont understand rap ) gets played live in a big park ?  be different then