Anti-military dictatorship rap song tops iTunes downloads in Thailand

rooster59

Just now, cookieqw said:

well said but what if this stuff ( i dont understand rap ) gets played live in a big park ?  be different then 

Yeah, I can definitely see this leading to new coup / overthrow. But I can also see it leading to nothing.

My concern is the Junta does not accept the reality that no matter how repressive they can be, and they CAN be repressive, the social process against them will never stop.

Edited by Jimdandy
typo correction
  • Thanks 1

The junta is unelected and he don’t believe in freedom of speech just like the unelected bureaucrats in Brussels.

the day every country can have a real democracy like USA, Canada,Switzerland, New Zealand and Australia the world will be a better place, not living in a fake tyranny anti-democracy, which in fact is communistic, EU,Thailand are a good example of anti-democratic or the Soviet 2.0 where we silence those who disagree, European countries are being destroyed every year, Thailand are in the same boat...

Edited by The traveler
Dick
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, The traveler said:

The junta is unelected and he don’t believe in freedom of speech just like the unelected bureaucrats in Brussels.

the day every country can have a real democracy like USA, Canada,Switzerland, New Zealand and Australia the world will be a better place, not living in a face tyranny democracy which in fact is communistic like EU,Thailand etc etc ..

If you are an EU citizen you can vote in the EU parliament elections. And members of the EU council are done via the elected national parliaments. Sure there is room for improvement but it's not 'unelected bureaucrats' . The US democratic? 555 Gerrymandering anyone? ... basically just 2 parties that are quite content on not  giving the splinter parties any real power by maintaining the status quo. 

As for Thailand, it's highly capitalistic.  Unions are a joke, labour rights are a joke, the fact cats rule the country. If you want to see (failed) communist states you need to look elsewhere.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, The traveler said:

the day every country can have a real democracy like USA, Canada,Switzerland, New Zealand and Australia the world will be a better place, not living in a fake tyranny anti-democracy, which in fact is communistic, EU,Thailand are a good example of anti-democratic or the Soviet 2.0 where we silence those who disagree, European countries are being destroyed every year, Thailand are in the same boat...

I prefer democracy over dictatorship but Thailand won't be much different with or without democracy.

Thailand had strict and crazy defamation laws before the junta stepped in.

Thailand had massive corruption before the junta stepped in.

Thailand had a dysfunctional justice system before the junta stepped in.

I'm not saying that the junta fixed any of it. But removing the junta won't fix it either.

That being said I still think the country should go back to democracy.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hobz said:

My GF thinks they are fine because if the government puts them in trouble for this the government will show that they are exactly as the rappers say, playing right into their hands.

Personally if I was an advisor for the junta I would tell them to completely ignore this whole thing and not make them martyrs and not give them any more publicity. It's the best play... We will see how dumb the junta is thou..   could go either way ..

Personally I think you are both right, but we will soon see how bright they are the losing Face thing is a strong force in Thailand

50 minutes ago, lvr181 said:

Yep, the people of the "Middle East" have shown that they are quite capable themselves of doing this.

Are you sure? 

Isn't your nice, democratic government brainwashing you, because there happens to be something in the Middle East, something known as black gold... Oh no it can't be it, it has to be that all people from the Middle East are murderers.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Na Lee said:

Kudo's to these guys. That shows how the junta doesn't want democracy . Also it shows that young people are more and more aware that the dinosaurs at the helmet are not living in the present time.

Young people are easley swayed. The military want democracy very much, but theirs a section of people against it.

1 hour ago, andux said:

Are you sure? 

Isn't your nice, democratic government brainwashing you, because there happens to be something in the Middle East, something known as black gold... Oh no it can't be it, it has to be that all people from the Middle East are murderers.

Rubbish . 

Edited by Percy P
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

A military run  or controlled democracy is not a democracy.  The young usually can see through hypocrisy and unfairness better than the old.  The old has learned to live with it

Not sure I understand Thai, army style democracy, and why does the army need to control it ?

Know why is the military there in the first place. 

7 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

No.   I do not know. Tell us.   Tell us why the threat of overwhelming violence is so badly needed.

I didn't know it was needed .I do know that theirs an overwhelming number of tourist entering Thailand.