mosquito swatters

cucme

Can anyone recommend a recharable mosquito swatter that still worked after a couple of months?

I tried more than 10 this year alone, some with ordinary batteries(Ni-Cd) / Ni-MH) and some with Li-Ion batteries.

None of them worked for more than 2 recharges.

Even the ones with replaceable batteries did not work for long.

The reviews on Lazada weren't of any help either.

Thank you for you input

Same as Charlie, I`ve had electric mozzie zappers that have lasted quite a while, but I`ve also had lots of them same as the OP, died on me after a couple charges. So really it`s down to pot luck if we get a good one or not.

I`ve looked online to see if there are any well known brand names good quality types available, but there doesn`t seem to be any.

Whatever, they`re cheap enough anyway.

• Like 1

Too funny;)) Wish I could give you good counsel, however the last one I bought literally exploded the second time I tried to recharge it! Fortunately no injuries.  I now use a Tecstar that has lasted over a year. I’m certain I Have singlehandedly  eliminated dengue in my neighborhood;).  It also serves me well to improve my tennis strokes;))))

Edited by Mauiguy
Misspelled
  • Haha 1

I've had a Big C one for several years, but have replaced the awful quality battery with two Ni-Mh AAAs, mounted in a two-cell holder which fits neatly into the handle.  You need to be handy at soldering to do this though.  The charging current is only a few mA, so you need to leave the swatter permanently plugged into the mains when not in use.

• Thanks 1

This one from homepro costing around tb 300 is robust with li polymer battery. Can standby for a week at least. Homepro only have orange colour. Separate charging wire socket unlike those plugin cheaper ones. Don’t know about durability as I bought them a couple of months ago. They are better than the ones in tesco or big C .

image.jpg

My current one is a Weisasi, had it 2 years and it goes on and on. I can leave in the cupboard for months and it doesn't lose its charge, cost about 300 Baht but well worth. I always thought the best are the old ones that you can change batteries in but impossible to find now.

When living in Southeast Asia, I keep a few of these little ????  in my apartment to take care of mosquitos and other bad bugs. 

But I also keep a plastic mosquito zapper also just in case. Uses rechargeables. 

After contracting dengue, I found Mo-El 300 UV-A Lamps Electroinsecticides manufactured in Italy!

UV-A emissions from actinic lamps attract mosquitoes/insects. They are electrocuted by the internal grid and fall at the bottom of the appliance. Grid is self cleaning. Ideal for small size environments.

Leave it on all day in downstairs great room area and hear the demise of the invaders throughout day and especially at daybreak. Purchased on Soi 112 in Hua Hin at an awnings store for 4000 Baht.