Thai traditional small decorative bricks

cheeryble

Hi

I’m having three upright old wood posts erected to hold up the verandah roof of the house I’m building.

I want to make a decorative base from bricks and small tiles fixed to a 40cm concrete inner base which is setting as we speak.

So I’m after the very small bricks as seen on the old city wall in the moat. Also like the rather larger but flattish ones that are common.

I also believe there's a standard old style brick that has a 45 degree chamfer along one side and is likely made for bases of walls.

There used to be a place just off the Canal Rd at Mae Hia junction towards Homepro.....a kind of plant seller plus bricks......think they had the lot including rounded ones. Went today, it’s gone, but a huge great Good View,s gone up just past it.

Anyone know the best place to find these bricks?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Check out this place on the highway to Hang Dong (but you need to be coming into the city as they are on the west side of the street)....

บริษัท แอล.วี. อลูมิเนียม จำกัด
https://goo.gl/maps/zJe869kaV3T2

Also for a nice selection of small decorative hand painted tiles go to Boontavorn on the superhighway (take the escalator to the basement level where the pool tiles are...

https://www.boonthavorn.com/boonthavorn-wall-floor/shop-by-style/rustic-tiles/shopby/brand-bezen

902926E9-C9F8-4C83-81D1-9D6A367A806B.png

Edited by sfokevin
  • Like 1

Check out this place on the highway to Hang Dong (but you need to be coming into the city as they are on the west side of the street)....

บริษัท แอล.วี. อลูมิเนียม จำกัด
https://goo.gl/maps/zJe869kaV3T2

Also for a nice selection of small decorative hand painted tiles go to Boontavorn on the superhighway (take the escalator to the basement level where the pool tiles are...

https://www.boonthavorn.com/boonthavorn-wall-floor/shop-by-style/rustic-tiles/shopby/brand-bezen

902926E9-C9F8-4C83-81D1-9D6A367A806B.thumb.png.f22cbc08596b2ee503a7b7f296c1d553.png

Thanks Kevin will check it’s a convenient location.

Thx also about Boontawon they have some very nice stuff and I rather like yr tiles......had been thinking crackle glaze. Wonder....customer often has to order tiles like this.....will look next time there.

3 hours ago, cheeryble said:

Thanks Kevin will check it’s a convenient location.

Thx also about Boontawon they have some very nice stuff and I rather like yr tiles......had been thinking crackle glaze. Wonder....customer often has to order tiles like this.....will look next time there.

Boontavoorn has a huge selection of crackle glazed tiles - Again go into the tile aera and take the escalator down stairs where the swimming pool & crackle tiles are... Also on the ground floor wonder all the way to the back and go outside and take a look at the marble mosaic and other tiles ????

• Like 1

I think its time I came to see you!! (if I am safe from the dogs)

decorative bricks I am buying all along the same road several merchants selling facing bricks without holes and also brick tiles as slips to clad columns,

different sizes of course, I am buying 205x75 for 5bt each, the 205x100 are 6bt each. the 150x60 bricks are 3bt and the same with holes as commons are 2bt

take the road from yours along the river to the main highway bridge over the river, turn left (the saraphi/samoeng highway)… 2 main builder yard stockists each side.

message me, and call in on the way I will take you

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, cheeryble said:

Thanks Sally I remember this place now....never been in but it looks ideal, nice small tiles as well. Looks perfect.

Great response from Kevin and you, and quick.

Its not perfect, its a very expensive company buying and selling the same bricks, roof tiles, ceramic tiles as everyone else for a 10pc mark up. Then they ask for big deposits up front long before delivery....upto you, but after a few visits there myself you live and learn what their abilities are.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The plinth bricks will definitely be special order. I havnt even seen them on display boards at the brick stockists.

The good news is these bricks are so soft you can scratch them with your fingernail  so a mason who is skilled with a grinder can create the same effect.

the bad news is finding that skilled mason!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...