Another Tragedy

Valentine

On 30 October 2018 at 3:51 AM, xylophone said:

Now that is an almost impossible task given Thailand and its culture, as the mindset often goes like this: –

– If it's my time to die, then so be it and nothing I can do will stop that.

– The amulet I wear will stop anything bad happening to me.

– Even if I die, I could come back as someone wealthy or famous.

Then of course there is the hardest thing to do with Thai people and that is to get them to understand "consequences" because not one that I have ever met, really does understand that what they do now can affect, for better or for worse, events in the future.

The inability of them to understand the last paragraph is often made very clear to me when I point out to various Thai people I know that they need to wear a crash helmet when they get on their bike, and their answer is something like, "no problem there are no police so I don't need".

Education is a wonderful thing, but it requires some grey matter to work to enable the benefits to be experienced.

So very true. But in Thailand I tend not to wear all the protective stuff I would always do in England as its soooooo hot. On the upside you don't feel quiet as safe without leathers on so probably ride a little slower and more cautiously?

13 minutes ago, Patriot1066 said:

So very true. But in Thailand I tend not to wear all the protective stuff I would always do in England as its soooooo hot. On the upside you don't feel quiet as safe without leathers on so probably ride a little slower and more cautiously?

"so probably ride a little slower and more cautiously?" - you may do so, but does everybody else????

On Tuesday, October 30, 2018 at 12:04 PM, xylophone said:

Or for example if the local cops at the "traffic point" just let Thais without helmets drive through, which I have seen on many, many, many occasions..........

Don't worry, the local cops will teach their kids about the dangers of not wearing a helmet and will make sure they wear one at all times.

Oh, wait...

55912167_copkidhelmetfIMG_7232.JPG.03f52608955b4b559ad07d8b02afd0e2.JPG