BOI WP - Non O ?

I do recall others reporting hassle when it came to a BOI application that were told to get a Non 'B', but in principle, if you are the spouse/parent of a Thai, there is no reason why you can't use your non 'O' visa/permit.

Yes, you can 100% get WP for BOI with your Non O.

My company wanted me to switch over to Non B and extension based on work but I refused.

If the company tells you that you have to change to Non B and extend on that instead, they are either lying to you, are not aware or the companies policy is to only apply for the WP on a NON B through them.

It is up to you to highlight that they can get your WP on your current extension and if they refuse to get the permit whilst your on your Non O whether or not you decide to work with them.

If possible try to stay on your Non O. It is simple enough to go back to a Non O and extend should you leave the employer but it is unnecessary hassle.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MARK74 said:

Yes, you can 100% get WP for BOI with your Non O.

My company wanted me to switch over to Non B and extension based on work but I refused.

If the company tells you that you have to change to Non B and extend on that instead, they are either lying to you, are not aware or the companies policy is to only apply for the WP on a NON B through them.

It is up to you to highlight that they can get your WP on your current extension and if they refuse to get the permit whilst your on your Non O whether or not you decide to work with them.

If possible try to stay on your Non O. It is simple enough to go back to a Non O and extend should you leave the employer but it is unnecessary hassle.

NO, I got told by immigration in BKK to get a non B

1 hour ago, FritsSikkink said:

NO, I got told by immigration in BKK to get a non B

Well, they were wrong. Chamchuri Square staff are very helpful, perhaps ask them this time and see what they say.

Also, ask immigration again if a work permit can be issued for a normal company.

In fact, ask immigration about anything related to work and I am sure their default answer will be, you need non B

Edited by MARK74

38 minutes ago, MARK74 said:

Well, they were wrong. Chamchuri Square staff are very helpful, perhaps ask them this time and see what they say.

Also, ask immigration again if a work permit can be issued for a normal company.

In fact, ask immigration about anything related to work and I am sure their default answer will be, you need non B

Was there, doesn't matter anymore, am on a B visa for a while.

7 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

In BKK BOI office they are in the same room 20 meters apart. I was talking about a visa.

i see, the OP has a visa and extension and just wants the WP.

100% he can get his WP through BOI and remain on his current permission to stay.

Just now, new101 said:

Thanks, that looks promising, don't want to loose my Non o extension.

I have the same and asked the girl here who sorts ours out for us to call the BOI to see if anything has changed and they just confirmed themselves that you can and there are no changes planned in the future 

2 hours ago, new101 said:

Lastly as I have a WP already for a non BOI it looks like I need to cancel this to get the new one under BOI.

Can a WP issued in one province be cancelled in another?

I think you need to do it locally but I am unsure so it might be easier for you to ask your issuing labour department office unless anyone else here knows.

For BOI questions you could call them or just pop into chamchuri square, their numbers 02553 8111. They have plenty of English speakers and are very service orientated unlike some departments here LOL

3 minutes ago, MARK74 said:

I think you need to do it locally but I am unsure so it might be easier for you to ask your issuing labour department office unless anyone else here knows.

For BOI questions you could call them or just pop into chamchuri square, their numbers 02553 8111. They have plenty of English speakers and are very service orientated unlike some departments here LOL

Thanks, Ill give them a call.

• Like 1