If Your Spouse Is Too Hot And Sexy,do U Feel Comfortable Walking Around With Her?

zaza

I'd rather Gummy, or anyone else for that matter, 'construe' from what I say by actually reading what I say.

If someone else posts that their wife walks around half dressed, and there are posts in this thread that take that to extreme, then attack those posts for being disrespectful to Thai culture.

When I say that my wife dresses according to the local style and go as far as to say she wears "loose fitting trousers and ankle length skirts" in Thailand, I am in no way saying anything disrespectful of Thai culture.

The question to ask is this.

Why has Gummy jumped on my post when other posts discuss women walking half naked?

What is clear is Gummy's accusation that I have shown disrespect for Thai culture is unfounded, and Gummy, for all his claims to higher moral standards, regards himself above making an apology.

And we are told to learn from our elders.

Hey Ho!

Again, let us remind ourselves, disrespect to Thai culture is against the forum rules. An accusation of disrespect ought to be substantiated, or withdrawn.

Edited by GuestHouse

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gummy, Guesthouse,

I have read all throught this thread and it appears that both of you eventually went off at a tangent into flimsily disguised abuse. Howver my perception of where Gummy is coming from is from your statement GH "if my wife feels comfortable, I feel confortable", which in relation to the previous posts infers your acceptance also of what others said.

Now that may be totally wrong and you were only considering Mr & Mrs Guesthouse views but I myself did construe from your initial response the alternative thus I can appreciate why Gummy thus assumed the opinion, in relation to the subject title, that you condoned women santily clad or whatever so long as both partners thought it was OK, hence Gummy taking umbridge at you and your consequential responses - I am right chaps?

Even though your spelling seems to be as bad as my own, your post is incredibly perceptive insofar as you hit the nail right on the head.

....wall that separates a lot of nitwits from claiming the moral higher ground. :D

Note to self: Must get out more.

Someone in this thread has just been called a nitwit. FLAMER! RULES VIOLATED!! CLOSE THE THREAD!!! THROW THE IMBECILE OUT!!!! :D (You'll notice I'm getting near to my 1,000th post, so any little thing will set me off, just to boost that post count. You've been warned! :o )

Edited by toptuan

I always feel proud, and indeed comfortable, walking around with a troll on my arm.

Wish I were that one!!

Why u ppl keep insisting on something .If u don't like to add a comment or write your opinon please don't .

but don't use that stereotype words used by morons

Carefull Zaza, I think I got banned for calling people morons even though you most probably are correct. Trolling or not does it matter it enlivens a good moral debate? Your question was about walking around with a half dressed lady was it not? Well clearly it is a moral issue and most probably those that answer in the affirmative would most probably be married or in a long term relationship with maybe an ugly or obese partner and hence whilst away from home, or escaped for a night out they would publicly display their private resentment of this by taking the extreme show of rebellion by parading what some may regard as a "Souvenir" in public. The other alternative is perhaps they are in show business where any publicity is good publicity and thirdly ,and again it is dependant upon your own level of perceived morality, they are just downright vulgar and disrespectful to the community and culture they are currently living in or visiting

I think its ok unless your not wearing underwear like that girl student did on thai tv I'm American here in bangkok.

I'm so bad I'm sexy.....seems silly

But If I had aa sexy thai girl I be ok even though thais would look down at her I wouldnt any girls want a boyfriend?

dave

**email removed***

Edited by sbk

Let's knock it down a notch or two - continued bickering will get this topic shut down.

Zaza (what a name) is one of the best trolls hanging around. :o

It's an arabic name :D and I bet u never heard it before! but u'll get a prize from me if u can find out it's meaning( a date or dinner),lol :D

Some women always look sexy, no matter what they wear. My wife is one of those :D

Some women always look ugly, no matter what they wear. My wife is one of those :D

:o

But she is the most honest woman I've ever met and every farang living in Los knows that an honest Thai woman is a rare and precious diamond.

Some women always look sexy, no matter what they wear. My wife is one of those :D

Some women always look ugly, no matter what they wear. My wife is one of those :D

But she is the most honest woman I've ever met and every farang living in Los knows that an honest Thai woman is a rare and precious diamond.

A commodity as rare as rocking horse poop, my friend. You are indeed a lucky man. :D

I salute you for being able to appreciate her.

Personally, I go for the beautiful, young, pathalogical liar type! :D

It's an arabic name :o and I bet u never heard it before! but u'll get a prize from me if u can find out it's meaning( a date or dinner),lol :D

It's also an Hebrew name and it has 2 meanings : movement or flower.

I remember that it's also the name of an ethnic group of Turkey.

ZaZa , what do you wear, when you go out on a date ?

Do you dress hot and sexy or respectful to local culture or do you wear what your own cultural background would consider reasonable ?

Do you consider your own self-view more important, or your partner's reputation, based on what you're wearing ?

I myself must admit to being a bit of a butterfly, sometimes wearing a mor-hom or yellow Thai shirt, out of respect, then other times what I personally am comfortable with, but only rarely what hi-so Thais would consider de-rigeur.

But I do listen - when my wife suggests something different.

By the way, it is not just the rest of Thailand, we live in BKK and my wife is deeply ashamed at the drop in social and culture standards displayed by many Thais these days.

Should I take it you don't regard making un substantiated accusations as a drop in standards.

I mean, let's get old school here shall we and offer an apology when the evidence of our accusations is lacking....

Nah... let's just tell other people how THEY are required to behave.

Standards are usually based upon ones moral perceptions and cultural norms during the times when one is brought up . Unfortunately these have been degraded over the years and Thailand is probably no differant from most other nations. I would anticipate that yourself and lady wife are significantly younger than myself or my wife, well most people are, myself that is. Therefore we fully appreciate what those standards and the importance of maintaining high cultural traditions are sometimes regarded as being at the upper level of moral and cultural acceptance, whereas yourself being somewhat younger would have started off at a lower level of these standards thro no fault of your own obviously. I apologise if I have infered that you have shown disrespect because clearly if you had, do to the above, you would not fully appreciate whether you had or not so it would be wrong of me to make that accusation due to your ignorance.

I find your post very disturbing. Insanely narrow minded.

You speak of your more conservative morals as elevated above the more recent degraded ones. Why not just say that the morals changed? Why say that they degraded? Do the current morals cause greater suffering? I expect the opposite.

Your self important tone is fascist and myopic.

zaza, You ask if people will think ill of you because you are an Arab and yet come in with this thread saying women that flaunt what they have is in bad taste or should not be done. This might get more negative response for you than the mere fact that you are Arab. Live and let live, it's their lives and should be able to dress the way they like, it's not hurting anyone. Go to the beach, you'll see far more bod and a lot less clothing. As an Arab do you wear a bikini or are you a prude or do you wear the new bhurka swimsuit? You state you are not a religious person but you make judgements on other peoples ideals of right or wrong. Why is that?

There was a time in western culture when it was considered scandalous to show a belly button on the beach. Now thongs are fashionable, and women often go topless. We laugh at the prudish bathing suits of old. Why were those people so repressed?

Sexual repression causes more problems than it prevents. A repressed libido is a sad waste. People who talk of repressing libido, oppressing others freedom to express their sexuality, I find those people scary and disturbing. In need of sexual education. In need of exposure to public sexuality. Grow up already. It's just sex - it doesn't hurt people.

Remember the flashers of the 60s and 70s, running out naked onto football fields? They made a statement that I agree with.

Edited by jamman

"Zaza" is also a Hungarian name albeit spelt differently, but Zaza here seems to be fishing for a date so her "Arabic Background how to get a Farang Boyfriend?" post seems to be effectively working to incite so many backstabbing rebukes from regular posters and queries as to what her contact is lol.

Ultimately this is about "dress sense" and has nothing to do with insulting Thai culture. I go with the adage that one should dress appropriately according to the situation...the climate, the country,your profession, where are you going, who with, what will you be doing etc? Your dress sense is a reflection of character and personality unfortunately dictated by society's idea of 'the norm'. Jockstrap and sandals are fine on the beach but not at work, flesh flashing to extremes will always offend some people no matter where you are.Would you go and meet your new bf's family dressed as a pro?

For a woman dressing provocatively for her guy is OK but if it's bordering on the slutty no way.Who wants to be the object of lewd remarks and stares?

In Oz I always had a complex about my big mammory glands in relation to the rest of me and even in T-shirts and jeans I was checked out and made to feel uncomfortable and here it's no different even if I wear long tops.I think people can become too paranoid about being judged by others as to what they're wearing.Sometimes it's more provokative to leave something to the imagination and not let it all hang out.

........as I keep telling my husband!

Edited by Momo8

During a recent trip back to the US, my girlfriend and I visited a nudist camp in New England. Picture about a hundred fat, pasty white people (me included) and one 150cm/43kg dark skinned, lithe Thai woman. And they said it was against their rules to stare...

Ultimately this is about "dress sense" and has nothing to do with insulting Thai culture. I go with the adage that one should dress appropriately according to the situation...the climate, the country,your profession, where are you going, who with, what will you be doing etc? Your dress sense is a reflection of character and personality unfortunately dictated by society's idea of 'the norm'.

That seems fine advice for someone to take upon themself. Fit in - it makes life go smoother.

But I can't understand why anyone would want to force that kind of advice onto anyone else. If someone is prepared to risk being negatively labelled, why not let them?

Unless one doesn't believe in individuals. Unless one believes that we exist only as social creatures, and must obey social mores.

Perhaps we should all dress in Maoist Green Uniforms? All this indiviality is too troubling.

Jockstrap and sandals are fine on the beach but not at work, flesh flashing to extremes will always offend some people no matter where you are.

This is something that I honestly do not understand. I have never had the emotion of being made uncomfortable by seeing other people be sexual. And I've seen plenty. It is completely beyond me why some people get this feeling. I can only imagine that they have repressed their own sexuality, and so get uncomfortable when they see sexuality that is not repressed.

Personally I have no embarassment or shame whatsoever about my sexuality. I've demonstrated as much in rather extreme ways, and it seems to me that the world was made a better place for it. Fun memories for all.

Would you go and meet your new bf's family dressed as a pro?

For a woman dressing provocatively for her guy is OK but if it's bordering on the slutty no way.Who wants to be the object of lewd remarks and stares?

Some people do like to be the object of lewd remarks and stares. More power to them.

In Oz I always had a complex about my big mammory glands in relation to the rest of me and even in T-shirts and jeans I was checked out and made to feel uncomfortable and here it's no different even if I wear long tops.I think people can become too paranoid about being judged by others as to what they're wearing.Sometimes it's more provokative to leave something to the imagination and not let it all hang out.

........as I keep telling my husband!

That's great that you've found your balance for how provocative you want to look, and I can understand that sometimes there is no way to not look sexually attractive. Nothing you can do about it, some people will lust after you.

Some people think it is immoral to provoke lust. To show an ankle could inflame libido. So Burkas are enforced. We have birth control now, and one can practice sex relatively safely to avoid disease. Driving a car is more risky than sex with a new partner. There is no reason to avoid inflaming libido. Libido is not dangerous or bad. Burkas are bad.

So some people don't like her libido inflaming dress. Prudes - why not enjoy the thrill of her? How can you get too much of such a pretty thing? I have never felt that emotion of wanting to put Burkas on other people.

Edited by jamman

SBK deleted my post

the reason stated was english only

that's not fair SBK :o

today there are posts today with yiddish

I have seen posts on TV  in spanish,french,italian

take a look at this post

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=106724

there is yiddish, would you say yiddish is english

or do you only delete posts that are not written in a script you can read?

the reason i posted in arabic was to see if zaza or whoever this troll is can answer in arabic?

zaza, You ask if people will think ill of you because you are an Arab and yet come in with this thread saying women that flaunt what they have is in bad taste or should not be done. This might get more negative response for you than the mere fact that you are Arab. Live and let live, it's their lives and should be able to dress the way they like, it's not hurting anyone. Go to the beach, you'll see far more bod and a lot less clothing. As an Arab do you wear a bikini or are you a prude or do you wear the new bhurka swimsuit? You state you are not a religious person but you make judgements on other peoples ideals of right or wrong. Why is that?

I didn't mean anything of what u had stated cause simply I didn't make any judements! I do Believe in the (LIVE AND LET LIVE) and I wish you also believe in it cause it is obvious you aren't actually ! :o cause u brought up the (Arab) dressing issue and u had forgotten your saying !

So why would you be upset even if would wear bhurks swimsuit then?Am not hurting anyone though!

Edited by zaza

Thanks for the words Jamman and I am totally comfortable with my sexuality also and I couldn't care less what people think BUT there are limits as with everything.Are we talking here provocative dress or provocative behaviour? Combining the two in Thailand is just not on.Most likely comments you ill receive is "Get a room"!

SBK deleted my post

the reason stated was english only

that's not fair SBK :o

today there are posts today with yiddish

I have seen posts on TV  in spanish,french,italian

take a look at this post

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=106724

there is yiddish, would you say yiddish is english

or do you only delete posts that are not written in a script you can read?

the reason i posted in arabic was to see if zaza or whoever this troll is can answer in arabic?

Take it up via PM 'pampal'... not in the public forum.

Please see the Forum Rules.