Phuket taxi driver charged for killing motorbike rider in deadly wipeout

webfact

Phuket taxi driver charged for killing motorbike rider in deadly wipeout

1540985521_1-org.jpg

The scene of the wipeout accident yesterday morning (Oct 30). Photo: Seang Prachachon Kon Phuket / Facebook

PHUKET: The driver of a registered Phuket taxi vehicle has been charged with reckless driving causing death after wiping out six cars and a motorbike in Thalang yesterday morning (Oct 30) – killing the motorbike driver.

Lt Col Pongpan Siripattaranukul of the Thalang Police confirmed the charge to The Phuket News today (Oct 31).

The confirmation follows silence in the aftermath of the wipeout accident on Thepkrasattri Rd, in front of opposite HomePro Thalang, at about 8am yesterday (Oct 30).

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-taxi-driver-charged-for-killing-motorbike-rider-in-deadly-wipeout-69180.php#xLItVfoWP59fO1oZ.99 

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-11-01

"The driver of the green-plate registered taxi, who police have so far refused to name, has also been charged with reckless driving causing damage to property, Col Pongpan said."

That doesn't seem to follow the way the police usually act here. They're not normally reluctant to name people. Some vested interest perhaps?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

"The driver of the green-plate registered taxi, who police have so far refused to name, has also been charged with reckless driving causing damage to property, Col Pongpan said."

That doesn't seem to follow the way the police usually act here. They're not normally reluctant to name people. Some vested interest perhaps?

Perhaps it was a cop moonlighting as a cabbie. I have come across that in Bangkok. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cadbury said:

Perhaps it was a cop moonlighting as a cabbie. I have come across that in Bangkok. 

So have I, or one who claimed to be after he had threatened to shoot me. He was racing another car and playing cat and mouse, racing ahead and then braking. He refused to stop the taxi to let my wife and I out, and only stopped his aggressive driving when out of desperation I clipped him on the side of the head from the back seat. After we arrived at our destination he told my wife he was a cop and would have shot me if he had his gun with him. Just another peaceful Buddhist in the Land of Smiles.