Trump's final campaign stretch rattled by twin calamities

webfact

13 minutes ago, JCauto said:

There you go! See? You CAN provide evidence of your own assertions rather than make it a job of your readers. Well done!

And it's a fence. Covering around a third of the length of the border area. Not a gigantic 30-foot high wall closing the border off. And that a significant number of senior Democrats voted for it seems to contradict your assertion that Democrats are for open borders, no?

Thankyou for proving my point well researched so now they can stop criticising Trump over the wall ????

well done????

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JCauto said:

There you go! See? You CAN provide evidence of your own assertions rather than make it a job of your readers. Well done!

And it's a fence. Covering around a third of the length of the border area. Not a gigantic 30-foot high wall closing the border off. And that a significant number of senior Democrats voted for it seems to contradict your assertion that Democrats are for open borders, no?

do you pull your strawman argument sout of thin air or elswehre? lol

I sourced what I said????

50 minutes ago, JCauto said:

Proud to say I've taken one in (my wife) and produced two offspring with her, so that's 3 that wouldn't otherwise be back in my home country. The wife is likely going to open a business here eventually, the kids are getting through university and will be productive citizens. 

So how many generations does your line go back, Mr. Patriot1066? All the way to the Magna Carta? I'm betting your ancestors were not at all unlike the folks in this caravan, and like them, your ancestors came with little and produced much, becoming a net benefit for their new country and forming the backbone of the nation. 

Regardless, I'm not afraid of a bunch of desperate refugees unlike the manly gun-totin' Right, whose delicate sensibilities can't even handle someone who's transgender going to the toilet nearby. 

He was asking how many  illegals YOU would take in.  Is your wife an illegal Latina, or was she?   If she's a Thai (seeing how this is a Thai forum), what does she, or your spawning habits, have to do with this topic? 

Many of "our" (?) ancestors came in here (see below).   They queued up for Customs and Immigration.  It was far from perfect.  Still is.  But there was a process, and there still is

image.png.4c9336b64d41df2695188f279d1f83c3.png

That is the point here, after all.  Illegal Immigration.  Not bathrooms, transgenders, guns, or your regurgitated insults.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 55Jay said:

He was asking how many  illegals YOU would take in.  Is your wife an illegal Latina, or was she?   If she's a Thai (seeing how this is a Thai forum), what does she, or your spawning habits, have to do with this topic? 

Many of "our" (?) ancestors came in here (see below).   They queued up for Customs and Immigration.  It was far from perfect.  Still is.  But there was a process, and there still is

That is the point here, after all.  Illegal Immigration.  Not bathrooms, transgenders, guns, or your regurgitated insults.

Thankyou for confirming what I believed was a very clear post to anyone of a reasonable intelligence reading it.

Hovever hold on there though I think if you had a relationship with a lady who was vulnerable as illegal, that could be a very bad, speaking frankly the male is in a position of power, it might look to the outsider as a form of abuse or forced whatever cohersion . None of us want to look like masogonists?

The point with this migrant caravan it being missed is more political, in its nature they’re not true refugees just people who want to move to America.

20 minutes ago, Patriot1066 said:

Thankyou for confirming what I believed was a very clear post to anyone of a reasonable intelligence reading it.

Hovever hold on there though I think if you had a relationship with a lady who was vulnerable as illegal, that could be a very bad, speaking frankly the male is in a position of power, it might look to the outsider as a form of abuse or forced whatever cohersion . None of us want to look like masogonists?

The point with this migrant caravan it being missed is more political, in its nature they’re not true refugees just people who want to move to America.

And those that are not refugees can be deported.   That's how the law works.

6 minutes ago, Credo said:

6 minutes ago, Credo said:

But it is very difficult to deport people as often disappear into the grey economy or worse.

4 hours ago, bristolboy said:

You're telling lies. Or at least repeating them

How a lie about George Soros and the migrant caravan multiplied online

https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/news/nation/2018/10/31/george-soros-and-migrant-caravan-how-lie-multiplied-online/1824633002/

Who at USA Today wrote this?  Maribel Perez Wadsworth herself?

The Soros/Caravan funding nonsense is more a Chinese Whisper type exaggeration and miss-characterization, rather than a straight up "lie", sans any plausibility.

I don't think George Soros is directly funding this caravan.  

However, it's not an unreasonable thought that he IS funding the 2 NGOs/Charities that DO work with/assist these groups (since 2010).  But even  they aren't handing out Pesos to the caravan migrants. 

Their concern, in their own words, is the safety of the migrants as the move North.

The idea behind an organized group journey is to alleviate some danger on the long trip, through the simple principle of safety in numbers. Pueblo Sin Fronteras has its own organizers to handle logistics, and each individual is responsible for their own provision of food, water, and funding for transportation, should it be necessary. Groups are created by Pueblo Sin Fronteras; each composed of about 15 individuals under one leader. Five groups are then organized into a sector. This is how the caravan is structured and maintains order as the group moves northward.

https://www.protocolmagazine.org/single-post/2018/05/12/Pueblo-Sin-Fronteras

https://www.influencewatch.org/non-profit/pueblo-sin-fronteras/

PSF's mission and charter is directly in-line with and highly relevant to George Soros' interests, which he's rather open and public about.  Not just Latin America either.

Within that context, do you think PSF and their charter is a relevant and likely target for Soros funding?

Edited by 55Jay

2 hours ago, 55Jay said:

I would allow them to follow the law, which as I understand it includes having the people who are claiming asylum apply for entry outside of the USA, be vetted and processed and then either admitted or rejected. That is what the people in this caravan are intending to do as I understand it. The idea that they'd somehow be able to stroll across the border and walk into the local welfare office is amusing, but only in the sense that it demonstrates how facile the viewpoint of the Right is on this issue. 

So illegal immigration is way down, the defenseless families in the caravan don't have any way of getting across the border and are expected to apply for asylum in the usual legal way, and you are freaking out about it all and sending in the troops. Oh, and are all for the one promising to abrogate the sacred Constitution that you've apparently got a life-or-death attachment to with the stroke of a pen. I actually hope he does somehow abolish the 14th Amendment without Congress or the States, that will enable the next President to dispose of the 2nd Amendment too.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, 55Jay said:

The Soros/Caravan funding nonsense is more a Chinese Whisper type exaggeration and miss-characterization, rather than a straight up "lie", sans any plausibility.

However, it's not an unreasonable thought that he IS funding the 2 NGOs/Charities that DO work with/assist these groups (since 2010).  But even  they aren't handing out Pesos to the caravan migrants. 

Their concern, in their own words, is the safety of the migrants as the move North.

PSF's mission and charter is directly in-line with and highly relevant to George Soros' interests, which he's rather open and public about.  Not just Latin America either.

Within that context, do you think PSF and their charter is a relevant and likely target for Soros funding?

43 minutes ago, 55Jay said:

It would be hard to resist the assumption, he is a troublesome character to say the least.

22 minutes ago, JCauto said:

I would allow them to follow the law, which as I understand it includes having the people who are claiming asylum apply for entry outside of the USA, be vetted and processed and then either admitted or rejected. That is what the people in this caravan are intending to do as I understand it. The idea that they'd somehow be able to stroll across the border and walk into the local welfare office is amusing, but only in the sense that it demonstrates how facile the viewpoint of the Right is on this issue. 

So illegal immigration is way down, the defenseless families in the caravan don't have any way of getting across the border and are expected to apply for asylum in the usual legal way, and you are freaking out about it all and sending in the troops. Oh, and are all for the one promising to abrogate the sacred Constitution that you've apparently got a life-or-death attachment to with the stroke of a pen. I actually hope he does somehow abolish the 14th Amendment without Congress or the States, that will enable the next President to dispose of the 2nd Amendment too.

Sure.  The last caravan earlier this year had a high degree of success. 

1,500 set out for the border. 

122 arrested for illegal entry.

401 requested asylum.

374 of them passed the initial screening, eligible to file formally.

DOJ stats so far this FY indicate 85% of eligibles don't file.

22% of the ones who do file, are approved.

According to PSF, so far 3 from the last caravan have been approved.  1 disapproved.

The Immigration system is already backlogged.

I also wouldn't object to abolishing the 14th Amendment.

The 2nd could use some updating. 

"trump"'s midterm closing ad. Fear mongering, racist, demagoguery. Americans should not reward this filth with their votes.

Trump’s racist ad shows how low Republicans have sunk

President Trump’s blatantly racist ad — showing an illegal immigrant boasting about killing police officers — is a fitting final pitch for a party and a campaign that are now nearly entirely focused on whipping up xenophobia. I won’t link to the ad; The Post describes it thusly:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/opinions/wp/2018/11/01/trumps-racist-ad-shows-how-low-republicans-have-sunk/

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, 55Jay said:

Sure.  The last caravan earlier this year had a high degree of success. 

1,500 set out for the border. 

122 arrested for illegal entry.

401 requested asylum.

374 of them passed the initial screening, eligible to file formally.

DOJ stats so far this FY indicate 85% of eligibles don't file.

22% of the ones who do file, are approved.

According to PSF, so far 3 from the last caravan have been approved.  1 disapproved.

The Immigration system is already backlogged.

I also wouldn't object to abolishing the 14th Amendment.

The 2nd could use some updating. 

So what's your point? Like the last caravan, there was no threat, and the people can expect to be processed similar to the previous one?

Whether you approve of abolishing amendments or not, there's a very clear process to do so, just a very long and complicated one. You know that, no doubt, as does the President. So why is he pretending he can just abolish the 14th Amendment when he knows he can't? Why is he not campaigning on the abolishment of the 14th Amendment if this is so important?

The answer, as you know, is fear-mongering and to continue to try to divide the nation while inflaming his (not so bright) base with non-existent issues that are based on lies.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JCauto said:

You are wrong.   They cannot apply for asylum outside the US.   They have to present themselves to the Border officials and request asylum.   That is where the process begins.   

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Credo said:

You are wrong.   They cannot apply for asylum outside the US.   They have to present themselves to the Border officials and request asylum.   That is where the process begins.   

Okay. So they get to the border then, and apply for asylum. Are you expecting them to charge the border and get through?

8 minutes ago, Credo said:

So we should stop following our laws because they are 'difficult'?

If laws are no longer fit for purpose yes of course.

why should American tax payers pay to deal wil

th illegals you know once in virtually impossible to get them out?

but you do make a valid point about the law and abiding by it.

18 minutes ago, Credo said:

The often long process

here is the ad

US has plenty of crime as it is, you dont need to be a racist to control your borders rather than be open to cross border criminals in both directions.

We are talking about illegally entering another country without a filter.

What other nation in the world allows for illegal entry?

check out some these articles regarding Mexico

https://www.scmp.com/news/world/americas/article/2128225/murders-mexican-resort-tijuana-top-1700-2017-rival-drug-gangs

https://www.economist.com/the-economist-explains/2018/05/09/why-mexicos-murder-rate-is-soaring

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/jul/23/mexico-crime-homicides-violence-up-report

Country saw 15,973 killings in the first half of the year, the highest since records began in 1997

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/18-victims-of-homicide-found-in-24-hours/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/in-sight/wp/2017/12/29/once-popular-mexican-towns-deteriorate-as-warring-drug-cartels-provoke-killings-drug-addiction-and-violence/

TIJUANA, Mexico (Reuters) - Mexican drug gangs near the U.S. border are breaking into police radio frequencies to issue chilling death threats to cops which they then carry out, demoralizing security forces in a worsening drug war.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mexico-drugs/mexico-drug-gangs-threaten-cops-on-radio-kill-them-idUSTRE51558E20090206

simply yelling racism does no good. There is a serious problems in Mexico right now

so it would make sense to have a strong border or it will spill over into US which has enough of its own problems.

Democrats offer nothing but identy politics and hurling "racist" at any attempt at improving border security or,immigration reform in regards to this problem.

Trumps offer of amnesty to 1.8 million was turned down for midterm political

pandering to cry racist at every turn.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/26/trump-daca-deal-is-a-dream-come-true-for-democrats-commentary.html

Democrats would be crazy to reject Trump's DACA deal

but they did reject.

finally

https://www.businessinsider.com/sessions-names-cartels-ms-13-hezbollah-transnational-crime-threats-2018-10/

The ad is mild compared to using stories straight from mexico border cities.  imo check out the stories and think for yourself.

good night 

34 minutes ago, JCauto said:

So what's your point? Like the last caravan, there was no threat, and the people can expect to be processed similar to the previous one?

Whether you approve of abolishing amendments or not, there's a very clear process to do so, just a very long and complicated one. You know that, no doubt, as does the President. So why is he pretending he can just abolish the 14th Amendment when he knows he can't? Why is he not campaigning on the abolishment of the 14th Amendment if this is so important?

The answer, as you know, is fear-mongering and to continue to try to divide the nation while inflaming his (not so bright) base with non-existent issues that are based on lies.

Exactly, that was my point in summarizing the last caravan.

I didn't bring up Amendments, you did.  Trump's already walked that back - think I saw something on that late last night. 

Back on topic though, a bunch of carnival barking and military logistics support personnel at the border, isn't going to change the process.  Expect it will unfold as before - no idea how many will actually make it to the border.  We'll see.

I wouldn't let all this noise get you so riled up to the point you can't get through typing a post without slinging divisive insults about millions of people you've never met - which helps divide the nation big time.   Even when unprovoked, you can't seem to help yourself near the end.  Don't be a fiddle getting played.   Leave that to the folks you refer to as "not so bright". 

Edited by 55Jay

1 minute ago, JCauto said:

Okay. So they get to the border then, and apply for asylum. Are you expecting them to charge the border and get through?

I have no idea what you are on about.   Why would they try to charge the border?   Have you been to any major border crossings lately?  Most of them are very well protected and fortified.    Then remember that the President may send up to 15,000 troops to protect the border.   

5 minutes ago, Patriot1066 said:

The often long process

For some it is going to be a short process.   They will not be admitted.   There is a pre-screening process to determine whether any asylum claim is credible, if not they are not admitted.   Some will be excludable because of prior criminal records or infectious diseases.   

Those with a credible claim are let in and will be given a full immigration hearing.   

11 minutes ago, Srinivas said:

here is the ad

US has plenty of crime as it is, you dont need to be a racist to control your borders rather than be open to cross border criminals in both directions.

We are talking about illegally entering another country without a filter.

What other nation in the world allows for illegal entry?

check out some these articles regarding Mexico

https://www.scmp.com/news/world/americas/article/2128225/murders-mexican-resort-tijuana-top-1700-2017-rival-drug-gangs

https://www.economist.com/the-economist-explains/2018/05/09/why-mexicos-murder-rate-is-soaring

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/jul/23/mexico-crime-homicides-violence-up-report

Country saw 15,973 killings in the first half of the year, the highest since records began in 1997

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/18-victims-of-homicide-found-in-24-hours/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/in-sight/wp/2017/12/29/once-popular-mexican-towns-deteriorate-as-warring-drug-cartels-provoke-killings-drug-addiction-and-violence/

TIJUANA, Mexico (Reuters) - Mexican drug gangs near the U.S. border are breaking into police radio frequencies to issue chilling death threats to cops which they then carry out, demoralizing security forces in a worsening drug war.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mexico-drugs/mexico-drug-gangs-threaten-cops-on-radio-kill-them-idUSTRE51558E20090206

simply yelling racism does no good. There is a serious problems in Mexico right now

so it would make sense to have a strong border or it will spill over into US which has enough of its own problems.

Democrats offer nothing but identy politics and hurling "racist" at any attempt at improving border security or,immigration reform in regards to this problem.

Trumps offer of amnesty to 1.8 million was turned down for midterm political

pandering to cry racist at every turn.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/26/trump-daca-deal-is-a-dream-come-true-for-democrats-commentary.html

Democrats would be crazy to reject Trump's DACA deal

but they did reject.

finally

https://www.businessinsider.com/sessions-names-cartels-ms-13-hezbollah-transnational-crime-threats-2018-10/

The ad is mild compared to using stories straight from mexico border cities.  imo check out the stories and think for yourself.

good night 

That looks like a well planned and concise descriptor of the situation.

11 hours ago, stevenl said:

" "The president is making a mistake when he’s trying to roll out a new immigration policy that is undeniably going to be stopped in the federal courts," "

No problem, he is not trying to roll out a new immigration policy, he is only pandering to his base.

Isn't that what politicians are supposed to do? Do you expect him to pander to those that will never vote for him? There was a recent president that did a lot of pandering, but nothing like the attacks on Trump were on this forum about him.

As for presidents supposedly catering for all segments of the population, I doubt that is possible, given the division in American society. Nothing he does will ever be OK for the Trump haters. TDS is well and truly embedded into the opposition, as is evident on reading any thread on here even remotely connected to Trump, and often even threads that have nothing to do with Trump at all!

As for the OP, his base knows what the opposition has in store if they take over, and I expect them to be out in force to stop it. Whatever, the senate looks like staying GOP majority, though the house is less certain.

I'm looking forward to seeing Sessions getting the order of the boot ASAP after the elections.

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Isn't that what politicians are supposed to do? Do you expect him to pander to those that will never vote for him? There was a recent president that did a lot of pandering, but nothing like the attacks on Trump were on this forum about him.

As for presidents supposedly catering for all segments of the population, I doubt that is possible, given the division in American society. Nothing he does will ever be OK for the Trump haters. TDS is well and truly embedded into the opposition, as is evident on reading any thread on here even remotely connected to Trump, and often even threads that have nothing to do with Trump at all!

As for the OP, his base knows what the opposition has in store if they take over, and I expect them to be out in force to stop it. Whatever, the senate looks like staying GOP majority, though the house is less certain.

I'm looking forward to seeing Sessions getting the order of the boot ASAP after the elections.

Amen to that !!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Patriot1066 said:

The Ad, while uncomfortable for some, isn't "fake", or racist.   

It is unnecessary though.  Trump supporters don't need convincing about illegal immigration.   

The ad is useless on Dems/Other.  If they still have a popular majority vote like they did when Hillary Clinton "won", they should have this thing sewn up. 

They also have Oprah Winfrey and Uncle Joe Binden.

image.png.64a312a6ae37ec4cb64e7976b54aad6a.pngimage.png.03d1f85d749dfe02ac470a86a7775013.png

2 hours ago, Patriot1066 said:

Its is a concise subjective description of one immigrant story. Delving deeper it seems that this twisted individual was deported by a democratic administration and re-entered under a republican admin prior to committing his horrific act...

1 hour ago, 55Jay said:

The Ad, while uncomfortable for some, isn't "fake", or racist.

No it is not. But it is just a pinhole look at a bigger picture.

It would be just as easy to create an attack-ad featuring a gnarly-tattooed arian nation gang member incarcerated for torturing his victims before killing them (this is a true story too...).

What do either of these stories have to do with the big picture? Nothing. What do either of these stories have to do with the average immigrant or average American? Nothing.

• Like 2