Trump political ad assailed as 'sickening,' racially divisive

webfact

2 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

I've seen the ad and the clear implication is both racist and a lie.  Racist because it implies all Mexicans are murdering thugs.  And a lie because this guy returned to the US during the GW Bush administration, so it wasn't Democrats allowing him back in. 

Would Trump consider using this guy in his ad? 

1206469905_RobertBowers.jpg.7e4297533c9fd7340a890668355fa90a.jpg

He just murdered 11 innocent worshipers.  That should justify sending the military after the White Supremacists.  But Trump won't do that--they're pretty much his base.

no I think he already signed a contract with dems for political purposes/sarc

they are already using him for their attacks.

besides this ad is regarding border security/immigration reform

Dems did nothing since Gwb, and will do nothing. they want open border to dilute vote. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Berkshire said:

I've seen the ad and the clear implication is both racist and a lie.  Racist because it implies all Mexicans are murdering thugs.  And a lie because this guy returned to the US during the GW Bush administration, so it wasn't Democrats allowing him back in. 

Would Trump consider using this guy in his ad? 

1206469905_RobertBowers.jpg.7e4297533c9fd7340a890668355fa90a.jpg

He just murdered 11 innocent worshipers.  That should justify sending the military after the White Supremacists.  But Trump won't do that--they're pretty much his base.

Illegals do violent crime in the US, of course not all but it's a good thing the POTUS is addressing it. Is he doing it for political purposes? Of course he is. That's how the game is played. It doesn't mean his points have no validity.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, jcsmith said:

Another ridiculous move that should be insulting to the people. Immigrants commit less crimes than natives. You can cherry pick one crime that any demographic has done that is horrible. It's an obvious scare tactic.

Immigrant implies someone who enters a country legally, followed the letter of the law to enter. Someone who sneaks in breaking the laws of the country is an Illegal Alien. My family are Immigrants, came in the legal way and it's a slap in the face to hear the term immigrant used to those who come to the US abusing the rules as they enter. Not same..same.

Edited by EVENKEEL
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Immigrant implies someone who enters a country legally, followed the letter of the law to enter. Someone who sneaks in breaking the laws of the country is an Illegal Alien. My family are Immigrants, came in the legal way and it's a slap in the face to hear the term immigrant used to those who come to the US abusing the rules as they enter. Not same..same.

You are aware that LEGAL immigrants often lie to fit into the available pigeonholes, right? Not all that different.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, candide said:

I doubt the Latino community will appreciate this ad. It will not help getting their votes. 

Trump and his team are short sighted. They fail to take into account that many of their desperate election tactics may actually cost them votes.

But what else would one expect? Same goes for reaction around the world to his decisions.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Srinivas said:

I agree.  but undocumented open border crossing is not a responsible policy.

Its very dangerous to encourage for the migrants as well.

They face traffickers, abuse from employers, law enforcement, crime syndicates,

lack of banking services, and fear of capture and deportation and become political footballs while creating a burden on resources. They become an under class with no upward mobility.  its not s foundation to build a new life on

considering how difficult that is even for many immigrants and citizens.

Seal the porus border, allow for lawful documented dignified immigration where they have legal protections as afforded to all citizens. 

imo that would be preferable responsible way.

Such nonsense. There is no open border. And while there may not be much of a path for upward mobility for these workers, most are here to help support their families back home and give them a path to upward mobility and less incentive to go north.

And how would you suggest that a border of 1954 miles be sealed? Do you have any idea of what that would cost? I've read one estimate that says 28 billion per year.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2013-03-13/sealing-the-u-dot-s-dot-border-would-cost-an-additional-28-billion-a-year

And of course you would need to recruit the personnel to do it. In fact, border patrol personnel are subject to very intensive vetting because the opportunities for a corrupt agent are a powerful temptation. In fact, the border patrol is plagued with corruption as it is.

And a wall is hardly impenetrable and a major environmental disaster as well. And has been frequently pointed out, the hysteria about illegals entering the country takes no account of the number of illegals leaving the country. For Mexicans now, it's roughly in balance. Demographics have a lot do with that as the birth rate in Mexico has declined to almost replacement level. The same phenomenon is happening in Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras. With strong support for family planning that could happen faster. So what's the Trump administration doing? Cutting back on support for family planning. It's almost as though they don't want to solve the problem but keep it alive as chum for their base.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, neeray said:

"I've noticed Trump supporters are posting less lately."

They're definitely posting less. Some have gone into hiding. Others do nothing more than use the "sad" emoticon. Trump has embarrassed the crap out of them.

I doubt this has much to do with it. Once the initial appeal of rubbing it in goes away, the winning side's people are often less vocal (or prolific). That changes only when major issues come up, or when the next elections are closer. And I do get it, that from Trump supporters' point of view, many places on the internet aren't hospitable. All the more reason to appreciate the efforts of those still with us?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CALSinCM said:

There are an immense number of people who 'hate' Trump for the sake of simply 'hating' Trump, while at the same time accusing Trump of being a 'hater'.  The absurdity is novel.

I dislike trump because of his behaviour, his actions, his views on women, race, gender identity, the environment, his bully boy attitude to any who disagree with him and his base levels of honesty, fidelity within marriage, tolerance and respect. 

I wouldn’t say I hate him (he really isn’t worth the energy of that emotion), but there is plenty to dislike about him. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Peoples are always so blind and stupid. Or just wanna see what they wanna see.

Ok that man really said that about killing more peoples.

But trump will never say that more peoples are killed every year by "real" americans then by foreigners ( illegal or not).

6 hours ago, Peasandmash said:

Wow... how horrible.. the good news is that in two years, we can have four more years of President Trump.

Yea great news for everyone America will be so great after another 6 years of the excellent democratically elected President Trump????

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Morch said:

I doubt this has much to do with it. Once the initial appeal of rubbing it in goes away, the winning side's people are often less vocal (or prolific). That changes only when major issues come up, or when the next elections are closer. And I do get it, that from Trump supporters' point of view, many places on the internet aren't hospitable. All the more reason to appreciate the efforts of those still with us?

Thank you for your appreciation!

8 hours ago, quandow said:

You're referring to illiterate 3rd world dictators like Trump wants to be, yes?

I am referring to what is generally called "populist" figures.

It is dangerous to consider them as illiterate, because a number of them, notably in Europe, are very knowledgeable, much more than their political opponents.

Obviously, Trump and Duterte are not among them...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Trump is a total as clown but I so dislike all the SJW groups that hate him that I love this stuff. It's great theater and deflects the nation's real problems. Most of all I loathe Hillary Clinton.

Edited by ozmeldo
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, DoctorG said:

Perhaps we are tired of getting our posts removed for no real reason, or getting suspended for trolling when we are not.

Me? I am just waiting for after Tuesday because there is no point talking to some people on here. I could direct you to some centre Left YouTubers that you might benefit from viewing instead of CNN and HuffPost.

Unless your a  Lefty Vegan, or Weird gender fan, border bouncer, nutty skint teacher, consider yourself an outcast here.:post-4641-1156694083:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1