Adverts

tgeezer

Is it possible to ditch the adverts on this page? after all I am writing to the forum. Finger trouble has resulted in the appaearance of an egg-timer shortly followed by an advert for Kor Samui in this case, I am sure noone needs adverts at any time but it is annoying to lose the posting. I suppose it is the way of internet; Google pays, which brings me on to the next question who profits from thiese forums.

which brings me on to the next question who profits from thiese forums.

:o

When you go into a restaurant or an electronics store do you demand to know where the money is going? If the product they offer appeals to you then you use it, if not, you don't. I'm sure you don't ask every business you deal with for financial details.

Ads pays for our dedicated servers, hosting, server software, bandwidth, support and server monitoring staff, programmers, legal fees etc. Without ads this operation would be impossible indeed.

Thanks, I dont pretend to understand any of it, though.

When you go into a restaurant or an electronics store do you demand to know where the money is going? If the product they offer appeals to you then you use it, if not, you don't. I'm sure you don't ask every business you deal with for financial details.

I know nothing about this sort of product. Was your remark supposed to appeal to me?

I know nothing about this sort of product. Was your remark supposed to appeal to me?

I think it is an analogy mate, cdnvic was trying to say that you wouldn't ask a resturant how much the mark up is to pay for the menu and rent, but they still have to pay for menu and rent and nobody would do that for free.

george also explained that a board as big as thaivisa.com cost a lot of money to run, so in reality we need to be glad for the ads as they keep thaivisa free for us to use. Emphasis on the word free.