Taxi drivers ignore threats from DLT - insist renting by the month is fine in meter dispute

webfact

I kind of feel like the others. From an arms-length, I do think that fare rates aren’t commensurate with the living costs today. So, to that end, I can see the merit in a general rate increase.

That said, taxis really are forms of “public conveyance”, as such, I don’t support the idea of drivers having the legal right to refuse fates at their sole discretion.. again, because I view them as public conveyances, and not as a more traditional business, where I would support such merchant right of refusal.

I also think that the continued rate of complaints [and for the moment, I will assume (but not proven as I know it) that all said complaints are legitimate] makes a fare increase somewhat unpalatable to the public and because it’s a governmental action, public “optics” matter...

To that end, if I were on the taxi side of the equation, I’d push like hell for a improvement in the public perception of our (again, speaking as if I were a taxi driver/operator) service and try to win the “hearts and minds” of the public, thereby making any increase much more palatable to the public.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect