Visa requirements

Does anybody know what baht rate against Aust dollar that the Thai Immigration use, at the moment depending what bank or money exchanger it can vary from 22.0 to 24.0 to 1 Aust Dollar, would be nice know so you can work out exactly what your dollar is worth when lodging an retirement application

They use rate shown on Thai bank website on the date you apply for the extension. Many use the Bangkok Bank rates shown on their website.

If you are close to not meeting the 65k baht requirement it might be worth putting some money a Thai bank so if you fall short you can combine it with your income if applying for an extension based upon retirement to meet the 800k baht requirement for the combination option.

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

They use rate shown on Thai bank website on the date you apply for the extension. Many use the Bangkok Bank rates shown on their website.

If you are close to not meeting the 65k baht requirement it might be worth putting some money a Thai bank so if you fall short you can combine it with your income if applying for an extension based upon retirement to meet the 800k baht requirement for the combination option.

My lady at CW used Google ????

43 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Ok thanks Ubonjoe,one more query would I have to put money in account to get it up 65k baht 3 months before renewal or can I do same month as I reapply 

6 minutes ago, Hoppyone said:

Ok thanks Ubonjoe,one more query would I have to put money in account to get it up 65k baht 3 months before renewal or can I do same month as I reapply 

The rules do not state in any amount of time for it to be in the bank but some immigration offices require the 3 months to do it. But at some offices it depends upon the ratio of income to money in the bank. If you only need a small amount in the bank they will do it without the 3 months.

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The rules do not state in any amount of time for it to be in the bank but some immigration offices require the 3 months to do it. But at some offices it depends upon the ratio of income to money in the bank. If you only need a small amount in the bank they will do it without the 3 months.

Ok cheers