Downtown Bangkok’s Boom Seems Unstoppable

webfact

Does the city have the infrastructure to support this?  Proper wastewater and sewage?  Proper potable water supply?  Proper Electrical grid?  Proper mass transportation?  Proper auto transportation?  About the only decent grade I would give the city is the Mass Transportation and the BTS but even that has rapidly gone down hill the first few years

9 hours ago, hhinhh said:

If you gain 100% in 3 years it is easy to bear 4% loss. Auss market is still far above hat it has been a few years ago.

the big losses on realestate has only just started with Sydney only down about 10% last year.  there are about 400 billion in loans being forced off interest only loans onto principal and interest over the next few years. many people wont be able to make the higher payments especially if interest rates keep going up.

On 11/5/2018 at 12:45 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I wanted a place where I could rely on public transit and didn't need to keep / use a car. I wanted a place with better hospitals and other facilities. I wanted a place close to the international airports, my Embassy, etc. etc.  And these days, I wanted a place where my wife can earn a better living than she could upcountry.  That's just a short list.

I have a comfortable life at home in a rare quiet area of BKK. I tend to stay close to home and/or central areas accessible via BTS. Plus the farang supermarket choices and range of shopping options are better here than elsewhere.

I didn't come to Thailand or BKK expecting luxury or thinking that by buying an overpriced condo that I'd somehow get it. So my expectations and my reality are reasonably in sync.

There’s tons of luxury condos to be had for a reasonable price, in comparison to Germany for example, they are cheap!

On 11/5/2018 at 6:45 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I wanted a place where I could rely on public transit and didn't need to keep / use a car. I wanted a place with better hospitals and other facilities. I wanted a place close to the international airports, my Embassy, etc. etc.  And these days, I wanted a place where my wife can earn a better living than she could upcountry.  That's just a short list.

I have a comfortable life at home in a rare quiet area of BKK. I tend to stay close to home and/or central areas accessible via BTS. Plus the farang supermarket choices and range of shopping options are better here than elsewhere.

I didn't come to Thailand or BKK expecting luxury or thinking that by buying an overpriced condo that I'd somehow get it. So my expectations and my reality are reasonably in sync.

Im with this guy. Exactly why I chose Thonburi. While I wouldnt characterize my area as quiet (just quieter), the incessant crowing of the Roosters is far more pleasant than sirens and traffic. Im within short walks to a Mall including "farang food", some of the best street food in the City, Coyote bar, BTS, etc and can be at Siam in 20-30 minutes. Ive already spent weeks exploring my area which is historic and very cool. I have a decent 1br Mid range condo. There are condos going up left and right along the BTS line and if I was buying, I would buy out here.