Exporting Of Pharmaceuticals

Hi,

does anyone know if you need a special license to send drugs from thailand to other countries? I mean offering standard pharmaceutical products online. Do you need prescriptions here too? Is there a list of drugs that need prescriptions? I couldn't fine any regulations regarding that on google...

Rossi

Depending on the drug the problem may also be your customer's legal ability/right to import even the simple drugs. You could find yourself prosecuted as a trafficker.

Go very carefully there, do lots of research on your ideal markets and as many others as your time allows as you could be in deep schtum if you get it wrong.

As an aside, because you business is an export business you can own it 100%, but I would get some serious advice before putting one product on a web page.

Depending on the drug the problem may also be your customer's legal ability/right to import even the simple drugs. You could find yourself prosecuted as a trafficker.

Go very carefully there, do lots of research on your ideal markets and as many others as your time allows as you could be in deep schtum if you get it wrong.

As an aside, because you business is an export business you can own it 100%, but I would get some serious advice before putting one product on a web page.

I think the most important thing is to sell only drugs that are legally available here and that can legally be exported. If the drug can be imported by a customer into his country is actually every single customers problem. As a seller I am only the exporter, thats where my responsability ends. The customer has the risk of importing drugs. I really don't want to know about all the different laws in different countries.

This is the problem. I would like to get some information about the regulations regarding sending medicine out of the country, if there are any. It would also be interesting to know what kind of drugs need a prescription, eventhough I know that in most pharmacies they don't care about papers... it is just I don't want to get in trouble with the authorities for sending forbidden or restricted merchandise.

Rossi

I think the most important thing is to sell only drugs that are legally available here and that can legally be exported. If the drug can be imported by a customer into his country is actually every single customers problem. As a seller I am only the exporter, thats where my responsability ends. The customer has the risk of importing drugs. I really don't want to know about all the different laws in different countries.

This is the problem. I would like to get some information about the regulations regarding sending medicine out of the country, if there are any. It would also be interesting to know what kind of drugs need a prescription, eventhough I know that in most pharmacies they don't care about papers... it is just I don't want to get in trouble with the authorities for sending forbidden or restricted merchandise.

Rossi

Sounds like the prologue of the latest book about "My Stay in the Bangkok Hilton".

I would like to get some information about the regulations regarding sending medicine out of the country, if there are any. It would also be interesting to know what kind of drugs need a prescription, eventhough I know that in most pharmacies they don't care about papers... it is just I don't want to get in trouble with the authorities for sending forbidden or restricted merchandise.

I told you exactly where to get this information, but you are probably too lazy and want to be spoon-fed. Don't want to do any foot-work? No problems, but it will cost you. Just call any major law firm and they will be more than happy to do the foot-work for you and to charge you $100 an hour for doing that.

Don't delude yourself into thinking you can compete with Big Pharma without having very deep pockets. I personally know someone who sold certain medicines from Thailand through a website. After two months the sh!t hit the fan and he closed down instantly to avoid severe consequences.

Edited by rogerinthai

does anyone know if you need a special license to send drugs from thailand to other countries?

You need a “licence to sell medicines” from the Ministry of Public Health (Section 12 of the Medicines Act B.E. 2510, see copy below). To obtain this licence, a long list of conditions have to be met, including the employment of a full-time pharmacist.

post-21260-1171657988_thumb.jpg

The regulations you are looking for are the aforementioned Medicines Act, with amendments, and Ministerial Regulations issued under the authority of that Act.

--

Maestro