The Most Beautiful Travel Destination In The World

Polarbeast

The readers of a Norwegian travel magazine has voted for Thailand as the most beautiful travel destination in the world, with Hawaii as number two! And the most ugly? That is Hurgada in Egypt

Good that they leave the really beautyful places alone then. They might then have a chance to stay that way a bit longer. Just send them to Thailand, it makes much needed money, not much more to destroy left anyhow.

Colpyat, how true, I wouln't tell my secret placees, just to havee them turned into a Pattaya :o !!! :D

The readers of a Norwegian travel magazine has voted for Thailand as the most beautiful travel destination in the world, with Hawaii as number two! And the most ugly? That is Hurgada in Egypt

well, i'll agree to thailand being the most beautiful destination in the world.

the thing is, it depends on what one wants and los has got it all if one looks around.

its not the same as 20 years ago but no where is. :o

It's still way up on my list of requirements for a laid back holiday, even after 28 years.

wWthout a doubt , the most beautiful place in the whole wide world is a little country which has everything....good beaches, equitable climate,many picturesque hills and valleys, a long and varied history,and wonderfully friendly people...

I speak, of course, of Wales! the only drawback is the neighbours.......England!

... hey, that one should be reserved for us. Not great to have tribes of sheep shaggers wondering in and out of your territory. :D:o

Picturesque hills n valleys? You obviously haven't driven down the Heads of the Valleys lately and marvelled at the intricate urban scenery :D

I went to Wales on holiday once. I was just in time to catch the "Festival Of Litter" they were having.

During a church sermon in Welsh; I heard the vicar say the word "truth" in English quite a few times. Apparently there is no direct equivalent in Welsh.

Aliens refuse to abduct Welsh people, as they find that they usually start to sing if more than one is abducted. And they cannot tell the sexes apart.

Wales is of course famous for its vibrant film industry, and here's a few choice titles from this years output;-

9-1/2 Leeks

Trefforest Gump

The Lost Boyos

An American Werewolf in Pwllheli

Huw Dares Gwyneth

Dai Hard

Cool Hand Look-you

Sheepless in Seattle

The Eagle has Llandudno

The Magnificent Severn

How The Haverfordwest Was Won

Austin Powys

The Magic Rhonddabout

Independence Dai

The Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch That Time Forgot

Seven Brides from Seven Sisters

The Bridge on the River Wye

A Beautiful Mind-you

The Sheepshagging Redemption

Breakfast at Taffies

Look Back in Bangor

Evans Can Wait

A Fishguard Called Rhondda

Where Eagles Aberdare

Dial M For Merthyr .

*boom boom* :o

In my opinion:

Most beautiful natural in-land scenery: Nepal

Most beautiful beaches: Thailand

Most beautiful ancient man-made scenery: Angkor temples, Cambodia

Most beautiful modern man-made scenery: Prague

Most beautiful people: Thailand

Beauty, as the cliche goes, is in the eye of the beholder. It's totally subjective. Opinions will naturally differ but those are some reasonable choices.

Some observations:

The beaches of Brazil and some of the Caribbean islands are spectacularly beautiful. Hawaii is beautiful as well. The Philippines - with over 7000 islands - is certainly home to some wonderful seaside (and undersea) scenery.

The people and architecture of Italy are high on my list of most beautiful. I've never been there but Iceland seems to have more than their share of beautiful people and natural scenery.

Alpine villages in Switzerland and Austria are about as picturesque as you can get.

The west coast of the US along the Pacific ain't too shabby. Lake Tahoe (California/Nevada) is a must see. Vancouver is gorgeous, no question.

------------

I agree that many Thai people are blessed with physical beauty.

I would beg to differ with folks who opine that Thailand is ugly, and submit to them that perhaps they haven't gotten off the beaten path and explored the country fully. There are many beautiful places here, from the mountains of Pai up north to the beaches of Koh Chang and Koh Tao in the Gulf, and Krabi and Trang down south. Late afternoon looking over the rice fields and stilt houses of Isaan gives me a wonderful feeling of tranquility. Personally, I find traditional Thai architecture quite beautiful.

Of course, others are bound to see things differently. :o

Best place in the world..

Walking Street or Nana Disco or Thermae in the mid nineties.....

Nothing could be more appealing to a beer guzling, hot blooded mid twenties guy.

Mid thirties,

good family, descent business dealings, enjoyment of what you are doing etc etc...

sure do like the Victorian Alpine country in winter even though alot of it got burnt recently or travelling buy small aircraft around Western Australia.

well I guess the horizons have changed alot....

Soundman.

Nothing could be more appealing to a beer guzling, hot blooded mid twenties guy.

Mid thirties,

good family, descent business dealings, enjoyment of what you are doing etc etc...

sure do like the Victorian Alpine country in winter even though alot of it got burnt recently or travelling buy small aircraft around Western Australia.

Soundman.

Nostalgia just ain't what it used to be, soundman.

Mid thirties,

Soundman.

Nostalgia just ain't what it used to be, soundman.

Maybe you're right.

Doesn't hurt though, gotta keep the mind young.

Cheers,

Soundman

In my opinion:

Most beautiful natural in-land scenery: Nepal

Most beautiful beaches: Thailand

Most beautiful ancient man-made scenery: Angkor temples, Cambodia

Most beautiful modern man-made scenery: Prague

Most beautiful people: Thailand

Beauty, as the cliche goes, is in the eye of the beholder. It's totally subjective. Opinions will naturally differ but those are some reasonable choices.

Some observations:

The beaches of Brazil and some of the Caribbean islands are spectacularly beautiful. Hawaii is beautiful as well. The Philippines - with over 7000 islands - is certainly home to some wonderful seaside (and undersea) scenery.

The people and architecture of Italy are high on my list of most beautiful. I've never been there but Iceland seems to have more than their share of beautiful people and natural scenery.

Alpine villages in Switzerland and Austria are about as picturesque as you can get.

The west coast of the US along the Pacific ain't too shabby. Lake Tahoe (California/Nevada) is a must see. Vancouver is gorgeous, no question.

------------

I agree that many Thai people are blessed with physical beauty.

I would beg to differ with folks who opine that Thailand is ugly, and submit to them that perhaps they haven't gotten off the beaten path and explored the country fully. There are many beautiful places here, from the mountains of Pai up north to the beaches of Koh Chang and Koh Tao in the Gulf, and Krabi and Trang down south. Late afternoon looking over the rice fields and stilt houses of Isaan gives me a wonderful feeling of tranquility. Personally, I find traditional Thai architecture quite beautiful.

Of course, others are bound to see things differently. :o

Ah, a gourmand of beauty.

Truth, beauty, and love. Let's revere.

well, i'll agree to thailand being the most beautiful destination in the world.....

Good Lord, surely you meant that as a joke, didn't you? If you didn't, I'd suggest you either drink less, or maybe more. I've been in uglier places than Thailand -- southcentral LA comes to mind -- but darn few.

Beautiful?

Krabi gives most places a run for their money. :o

Come on georgie.Ever been to the Fiji islands?Makes Crabie look like a rat infested latrine in comparrison. :D

Most beautiful travel destination in the world? Thailand's OK... but

Whitby, on the North Yorkshire coast of England... or Robin Hood's Bay ??

hard to beat in the beauty stakes..

Have been to most of the places mentioned , visited thailand before pattaya was invented,the beautiful jungles of borneo and sarawak, the beaches of singapore when Sentosa was still called Blakangmati and one half of the island was still a leper colony,experienced Blackpool and whitby but cod and chips and kiss me quick hats didnt rock my boat, you will even see my ugly mug on a wanted poster in the arrival lounge in the Airport in the Seychelles .But nobody has mentioned Queensland!!The golden beaches of Moreton Bay, The Rain Forest and Jungles of the atherton tablelands, the Bunya Mountains and the rolling plains of the Darling Downs and our own beautiful islands ,according to some I dont even like australia,I wrote this little ditty a few years ago,it could apply to any place that gets spoiled by tourism, :o Nignoy

PS Sorry it would not Scan!!

I've been in uglier places than Thailand -- southcentral LA comes to mind -- but darn few.

Lagos? Staples Corner? Spaghetti Junction? (Although the latter has a certain 'je ne sais quoi' grandeur absent in Staples Corner, methinks). Sheffield Bus Station?

I'll come back with my serious recommendations.

But beauty is certainly in the eye of the beholder. There was a readers' list a few years back of the 10 best and 10 worst buildings in the UK. The Lloyds Insurance building was in both lists. Durham Cathedral was the favourite.