‘Big Joke’ to continue with crackdown

snoop1130

Seems that Big Joke has managed to defy physics and to be able to arrest people in several different locations at the same time. Is he a Time Lord I ask myself. Is he going to personally arrest every single overstayer in Thailand by the end of November? Who will he come for next? Those evil foreigners that are a day late on their 90 day reports?

Remember, first they came for the Marxists, but I was not a Marxist so I did nothing; then they came for the gypsies, but I wasn't a gypsy spy I said nothing; then they came for the Jews; finally they came for me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

Seems that Big Joke has managed to defy physics and to be able to arrest people in several different locations at the same time. Is he a Time Lord I ask myself. Is he going to personally arrest every single overstayer in Thailand by the end of November? Who will he come for next? Those evil foreigners that are a day late on their 90 day reports?

Remember, first they came for the Marxists, but I was not a Marxist so I did nothing; then they came for the gypsies, but I wasn't a gypsy spy I said nothing; then they came for the Jews; finally they came for me.

Maybe he may not go too far. Spring cleaning the undesirables just  based upon visa validity is already a huge load on the manpower and resources . He is just cleaning up what the previous few administration had ignored for years.  Cleaning up will also send a message to other potential criminals that thailand is getting her act together so look elsewhere to commit your crimes. Thailand had been a soft target ( due to corruption and lack of enforcement?) for many criminals (read Russians) to hide out with complicity from authorities. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HappyAndRich said:

How can you feel not wanted? How many countries in the world offer a person that´s only been 60-90 days in the country a possibility to get a retirement visa the same day in only a couple of hours? That with the same relaxed request of money in the bank or income as well as not many paper, in a fairly developed country?

You can just take the money in the bank that is only 800K baht here, in relation to other countries. 800K baht is about 25K dollar.

Phillipines: Between 50-75K dollar for retirement visa

Malaysia have a special program for 10 years. Financials 87-125K dollar and a monthly income of 2500 dollar. For regular retirement 37K dollar.

Vietnam do not have a retirement option, and can not be considered an option due to the lack of development.

Cambodia is totally out of the question. Lack of development and health care puts a stop to that directly.

Apart from calling it a retirement visa you make reasonable sense. Assuming your facts are correct that is, which I would assume they are.

What does it cost in Cambodia and Vietnam for a one year stay? Which is all we get here, call it a retirement option or whatever you like.

2 hours ago, jesimps said:

I was waiting for it, doesn't usually take long for a a blinkered, rich, spoiled brat, teachers pet type to come on here and start preaching to his fellow expats about how lucky we all are to be here, despite the recent clampdowns. Many of those expats, despite supporting a Thai wife and family, spending their money in the country, being completely law-abiding and sticking implicitly to the current immigration rules will find it hard to deposit 800,000 in the bank, especially if they've made plans based on using the income method. It's normal for Thais to change horses in midstream because it isn't in their nature to plan ahead, but for farang it's part of life and the current short notice makes it difficult for them to change their financial plans. Of course, for "Happy and rich" types, it matters not one jot, and they can sit in their guilded mansions criticising those less fortunate.

It'd be preferable if you and your mates would either stick to the thread in hand or just keep quiet, it's difficult enough dealing with people like BJ without your sort aiding and abetting him.

Sorry for going off-thread myself, but these "Holier than thou" types are getting right on my nom.

BJ is sticking to his work and upholding the law. If you can´t respect that, then you will sooner or later have a problem.

However, this spoiled brat and teachers pet will give you some conclusions.

If you do not consider yourself lucky in staying in another country. This happens to be Thailand. Then maybe you are happier and more well taken care of somewhere else? Nothing has changed yet and no clear message on how it´s going to be has been given from Immigration, so maybe you should wait and see first.

Ooh! You mean that the expats coming here are spending their hard earned money? That´s usually what people do in the country they chose to reside in. Noting that Thailand should feel the need to be grateful to you for. All expats should be grateful for the chance to be able to stay in Thailand instead. To stay, of course everybody have to live up to the requirements whatever they are going to be.

11 hours ago, kannot said:

Yes they are really doing a great job of throwing out some decent people too.

My Wife has spent the last week dealing with an overstay of 15  days, Japanese man has a business here employing 5  Thais, he entrusted his  visa extension to an agent who didnt do it, the agent then lied and said he never received the paperwork off the Japanese man who then showed my Wife  all the line messages and  attached docs hed  sent.

The  boss of the co. in Japan had to fly over from his main business there employing 50 Japanese, meet  with my Wife and  go to IDC in bangkok to see  this guy.

Fortunately my Wife has a friend who is very hi up in Thai society and she got into the IDC to meet the Japanese man at 8pm in the evening with my Wife, no queuing up early in the morning just walked right on in. Met him face to face he was in tears.

Hes been banned for 5  years as they came to his workplace after someone tipped them off.

Hes  now closing the company down so 5  Thais now out of work.

He  will leave Thailand this week and cannot come back.

4 Police guys at the IDC said, change name, change passport and come back.

I think he's done with Thailand and who can blame him.

I have to ask how was it Thailands fault that the agent screwed him, I realize he was busy with his company but one should never take their eye of the important stuff like your permission to stay. Yes to bad about the lost company and jobs.

14 hours ago, the guest said:

This has been long overdue. I have lived in Thailand totally legally, work permit, paid my taxes the lot, and it shames me that foreigners which really shouldn't be here, are giving the rest of us a bad name. Every Thai I'm sure looks at us and thinks, "does this person have a visa?", or "why are they even here?". Ask why Thais look down at foreigners, it's because of this.

Disagree, it's because of the holier than thou attitude of much of the expat community.

On 11/2/2018 at 10:22 AM, Bob12345 said:

Oh really?

If he had done some research he would have noticed that many champions from western countries start training muay thai at a later age. 

For example the Dutch champion Ramon Dekkers, who defeated most of the Thai champions including legendary Thai champion Coban, only started training at age 12. 

I got the feeling they only care about money.

More kids training and fighting means more work and more income for them.

17 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Definately get rid the place of the drug addicts, ruffians, trouble makers, criminals, tatooed bullies and so on...

But definately also remember to make life easier for all the expats and retirees on their visa issues by reducing the red tape, stop the grotesque 90 day reporting, stop the unfair re-entry permits, make the process towards retirement visas simple, smooth, make sure that the queues at immigration offices is strongly reduced as it is disgraceful for Thailand to have people queueing for hours at regional immigration offices......kindly do not make the quality foreigners feel that they are not wanted any more.

Thank you, Sir. :wai:

Have you actually written to Big Joke himself? posting here will not do any good...:)

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Meanwhile, in a move to lure more foreign visitors Surachate is working on securing waiver of visa fees for travellers from 22 nations, including Taiwan, for a 60-day stamp from November 15 onwards. He is set to put his proposal forward to the Cabinet today. 

That will not please main land China government.............maybe they will not allow their citizens to visit anymore.

I wish people would stop the moaning and groaning regarding "BJ". The man is doing a job(very well) that he is paid to do. The solution is very simple for everyone: If you no longer enjoy living in  Thailand leave. Thailand will survive with or without you. Thailand is an amazing country, will always have the spectacular lifestyle and the not so spectacular. I am sure the country that you have left behind has it's good and bad. It's your choice stay or leave. There will always be another you to take your place. I ask you please, appreciate the opportunity you have to live in the fantastic Kingdom or pack your bags and get out. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, NobbyClarke said:

I wish people would stop the moaning and groaning regarding "BJ". The man is doing a job(very well) that he is paid to do. The solution is very simple for everyone: If you no longer enjoy living in  Thailand leave. Thailand will survive with or without you. Thailand is an amazing country, will always have the spectacular lifestyle and the not so spectacular. I am sure the country that you have left behind has it's good and bad. It's your choice stay or leave. There will always be another you to take your place. I ask you please, appreciate the opportunity you have to live in the fantastic Kingdom or pack your bags and get out. 

whenever I see such posts detached from reality... I'm wondering Is it for real?
or someone pays this person for writing such sweet c**p like from a guide for tourists?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BestB said:

He is getting rid of all foreigners one way or another .

i wonder who he will blame for the crime then?

one thing is to go after illegals and another to make it hard for everyone. 

Ask Pepsi how well it worked out for them partnering up with a Thai company ????

... and ‘Carlsberg’ ! 

6 hours ago, amexpat said:

Maybe the sister knows you can do it online or through the mail. ????

It is clear you have no idea, by post? Some offices do some dont.

On-line are you serious? How many times have members posted on here that they are unable to do it?

You know get on the first page, then get a message saying contact immigration, i get that message every time i try.

So in future please stop trying to make me look stupid, just keep up with what is happening.

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, the guest said:

This has been long overdue. I have lived in Thailand totally legally, work permit, paid my taxes the lot, and it shames me that foreigners which really shouldn't be here, are giving the rest of us a bad name. Every Thai I'm sure looks at us and thinks, "does this person have a visa?", or "why are they even here?". Ask why Thais look down at foreigners, it's because of this.

Hmm.. maybe they look down on you mate, certainly not look down on me. Maybe you have to look in the mirror and see <deleted> is wrong with you

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ctkong said:

Call it racial profiling or other names but  for sure people of a certain color do disproportionately represent the majority of the crimes committed by criminals here in thailand.  However recently  the Chinese from Taiwan, China and Malaysia do have their fair share of running scams targeting their fellow countrymen. 

What a load of crap! Let's see the official statistics behind your assertion.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, amse said:

Why can't we all just get along? As long as your a law abiding person, spend your income/ retirement benefits here, have many friends among the Thai's, does having 800,000 baht in a Thai bank make you a better person, of course NOT. Why do you have to be judged by your financial status any where on earth (except your home country of course) in order to retire/stay there? Just because someone has 800,000 baht in a bank account means they spend more here, than someone who has half that amount or less. Correct, the entire planet system is corrupt & rigged against us by the evil within.

nobody loves you when you're old and grey (except your dog)

1 hour ago, crankshaft said:

from the op..."However, many have raised questions of racism, as several foreigners caught were of African descent"

whaaaa.....what about racism of white people?

What if it is racism? TIT not PC UK, they can do what they want. 

On 11/5/2018 at 9:05 PM, observer90210 said:

Definately get rid the place of the drug addicts, ruffians, trouble makers, criminals, tatooed bullies and so on...

But definately also remember to make life easier for all the expats and retirees on their visa issues by reducing the red tape, stop the grotesque 90 day reporting, stop the unfair re-entry permits, make the process towards retirement visas simple, smooth, make sure that the queues at immigration offices is strongly reduced as it is disgraceful for Thailand to have people queueing for hours at regional immigration offices......kindly do not make the quality foreigners feel that they are not wanted any more.

Thank you, Sir. :wai:

In the post of 31 october 2018 they say bye the end of NOVEMBER not October.