Hundreds of foreigners arrested in latest "X-Ray Outlaw" sweep

Jonathan Fairfield

Hundreds of foreigners arrested in latest "X-Ray Outlaw" sweep

n8.jpg

The Thai immigration bureau Facebook page reported on a latest crime sweep directed towards foreigners entering Thailand illegally, overstaying and not reporting their address.

The latest "X-Ray Outlaw Foreigner" drive centered on Lamlukka in Pathum Thani where illegal migrants were targeted. 

Forty five people from Myanmar and Cambodia had entered Thailand illegally. 

Seven others including one from Laos were on overstay. 

n9.jpg

Some 105 people had not reported their address. 

Five had not done 90 day reports.

Three had no passport. 

Others were arrested for drugs and possession of knives. 

Source: Immigration 

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-11-06

17 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Of note, the largest number of this group being arrested is for not having reported their address, presumably the TM30 issue. Along with another 5 for 90-day reporting violations.

And some folks here keep insisting that Immigration these days isn't arresting people for address reporting and 90-day report issues.

You don't know if those who didn't make TM30 or 90Days reports were not also part of those who were in Overstay.

I have still to see one article about a farang tourist or expat being arrested for one of these reasons. Looks like an easy way to manage the many illegal people, mainly from neighbouring countries.

• Like 2

Interesting that they are targeting unskilled migrant labour from neighboring countries which are often invited by high level MoU. 

Just out of interest where do Myanmar nationals do their 90 day report? I do not see many labourers at CW given that their are apparently millions in the country. 

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, HappyAndRich said:

... you all come to a foreign country and always complain ... and that things are not up to your standards. I guess that attitude didn't work in your home countries, .. 

The countries that many of us on TVF come from are often open to criticism and complaints about restrictive or stupid regulations, from both citizens and foreigners. Those criticisms are considered and often acted upon. That's how some aspects of progress are made e.g anti-discrimination laws.

Thailand doesn't seem to take a lot of notice of what foreigners - and, to a lesser extent, its own citizens - criticise. 

I broadly support the actions taken against illegals but maybe its just a foretaste of what might be expected if/when an immigration regulation that's currently loosely enforced suddenly becomes 'flavour of the month' in the future. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, jessebkk1 said:

Happy, Rich and apathetic. Your daily posting here in support of this hardhearted immigration arrests, smacks of a person who is completely soulless. Congratulations!

Yes, and with your contribution to the big pile of daily complaints? That´s just a preparation for finding a country that makes you much more happy and where your life is going to be soo much better?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HappyAndRich said:

I really do think that we should set up an expert panel of all these fine posters, that can act as an advisory board to the Thai authorities.

You obviously have a very basic misunderstanding on 

how Thailand works.

But I do enjoy reading your comments in the morning.

it give me a giggle whilst i'm taking a dump.

Keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

Edited by stanleycoin
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, HappyAndRich said:

What? Are you for real? Did you for a second think that was how I though it was possible to run something i Thailand? No, not a chance. 20 years of experience living here tells me another story. You know, it was pure sarcasm. I would teach you about it, but it will take to long time to arrange a WP for being allowed to do that.

Have a nice day, and don´t believe everything you read. Sometimes the answer is between the lines. :smile:

I look forward to your next rant, whilst I take a dump tomorrow.

please try and post around 07:30, its a good time.

Have a nice day.

• Haha 1