Thailand's Shinawatra clan, allies form new party ahead of polls

webfact

One would lose one's count with all the political parties this man Thaksin has his dirty hands in: forget about the past ones, now there would be the PTP (Thaksin thinks, PTP does), then there were two(!) more parties created a few weeks ago, and now this TRC party, makes four, enough tyres for a car, with eventually that FFP as spare wheel...

What a pantomime from this convicted, and further endicted, criminal! How much must he, and his clan, miss the money trough!

But when PTP is being 'surgically removed' as the cancer growth it is for the country, why not do the same with these three metastasis, even a potential fourth one, and anything to follow? Simple as that.

When performing such a medical intervention, the surgeons also have to remove possibly sound tissues too close to the degenerate growths, isn't it ...?

Though hard to understand it is that, until now, 'the origins of the disease', the evil bits, have not been 'removed', once and for all. Is this Shinawatra mafia clan still that powerfull in Thailand nobody is able to have them sent to their next life (well, when they would be true Buddhists...)?

Edited by bangrak
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, robblok said:

i think they will keep all the powerful laws and use them for their own benefit against their enemies.. just like they have done in the past. I don't see them changing much.

That's why, from the beginning, I think they will never let PTP or a similar party come to power. The yellow/greens created these laws to use them against their ennemies. They will never let their ennemies use these laws against them!

• Like 2

On 11/7/2018 at 9:00 PM, Samui Bodoh said:

The eternal families of Thailand's/Asia's public lives.

Scratch the surface of almost any Thai/Asian politician and you find what I call a 'son of' or a 'daughter of'. Scratch the surface of the Thai military's generals and you find a 'son of'. Scratch the surface of Thai/Asian big business and you find a 'son of' or a 'daughter of'. Scratch the surface of a leader in a Thai/Asian bureaucracy and you find a 'son of' or a 'daughter of'.

The American notion of "All men were created equal..." is truly a Western concept, not an Eastern one. Yes, inevitably someone will come along and state that Western societies do the same, but it isn't to the same extent or prevalence.

What more to say?

the kennedys,   the bushes,  

• Like 2

21 hours ago, robblok said:

i think they will keep all the powerful laws and use them for their own benefit against their enemies.. just like they have done in the past. I don't see them changing much.

11 hours ago, candide said:

That's why, from the beginning, I think they will never let PTP or a similar party come to power. The yellow/greens created these laws to use them against their ennemies. They will never let their ennemies use these laws against them!

That is why they are just two sides of the same coins.. junta are thugs but so are the PTP.. that is why both of them are NOT a solution for the future. BUT unfortunately the only 2 who have a chance... and so the problems go on until the Thai populace understands they have to break away from corruption and with it all the current parties. Only new parties are ok.

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 3:05 PM, Artisi said:

Nice to see the the country's future being based on the night life, such an important indicator for long term benefits.

It was running very well under those guidelines...... How's it doing now ?  Its a miserable shadow of itself, just look around at the lack of expats and tourists........ If there's no election or coup shortly you might as well turn the lights out, its miserable........ in only four years, imagine another four.....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SupermarineS6B said:

It was running very well under those guidelines...... How's it doing now ?  Its a miserable shadow of itself, just look around at the lack of expats and tourists........ If there's no election or coup shortly you might as well turn the lights out, its miserable........ in only four years, imagine another four.....

When are you leaving, that's if you actually live here? 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Artisi said:

Unfortunately the majority don't really give a rats arse, so long they can get on with what ever suits them each day.  Of course the problem is they don't understand or want to understand anything beyond the end of each day, so unlikely anything will change in the near future. 

I've been saying this for years, the vast majority of local folks don't want to think past tomorrow, however IMHO they will start to wake up / get vocal / start asking questions / start demanding when suddenly en masse people can see that your average person / family in surrounding countries clearly have a much better quality of life, they have good education opportunities, they share in their countries prosperity, a large % of the population own bigger better houses / many families take overseas holidays and are not frightened to explore. 

When locals can see see all of the above clearly then IMHO they will re-act; hey what happened in Vietnam, China, Indonesia, and longer-term possibly Myanmar etc? How come we don't have all of that in Thailand?

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 10:40 AM, robblok said:

Night life was better.. but that is about it. But if you really think that the PTP is going to change anything back from what the junta has done i think you will be wrong. 

Everyone's suffering now including Thai people...... I've never heard Thais say a bad word about Thais or Thailand, but recently it's a nightly nursery rhyme in the taxi home........ It's not a happy situation...... something will have to change........ The land of smiles has become the land of worried people,,,,,,,,

19 minutes ago, SupermarineS6B said:

I can remember the last pratt from the army that started shooting when things didn't go right for him, luckily for everyone the late great King made him crawl on his hands and knees begging for his life....... unfortunately i don't see that happening again......    rough times ahead........

Correct, that level of respect ceased about 2 years back. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, scorecard said:

I've been saying this for years, the vast majority of local folks don't want to think past tomorrow, however IMHO they will start to wake up / get vocal / start asking questions / start demanding when suddenly en masse people can see that your average person / family in surrounding countries clearly have a much better quality of life, they have good education opportunities, they share in their countries prosperity, a large % of the population own bigger better houses / many families take overseas holidays and are not frightened to explore. 

When locals can see see all of the above clearly then IMHO they will re-act; hey what happened in Vietnam, China, Indonesia, and longer-term possibly Myanmar etc? How come we don't have all of that in Thailand?

Fortunately this new generation is becoming more aware, you can see this in many of the current universitsity students, more aware, more questioning, although still a little reserved - but it is changing, in the next few years this change ever further, for the benefit of everyone. 

• Like 2

And the hits just keep on coming...will there be a chance that someone with the Thai society's best interest, runs and campaigns well enough to win? So far very few lining up appear to have anything other than their own interest in mind and the Thais will have to pick the least of all evils.

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 11:30 AM, scorecard said:

What ideology Mr. Chaturon?

You certainly didn't display any when you were education minister for 3 or 4 years. In fact you tackled nothing and achieved nothing.

The well known massive corruption in this ministry was untouched during his tenure (and many other governments also did nothing).

3 or 4 years as education Minister , doubtful,  they changed Ministers every second month.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Artisi said:

Fortunately this new generation is becoming more aware, you can see this in many of the current universitsity students, more aware, more questioning, although still a little reserved - but it is changing, in the next few years this change ever further, for the benefit of everyone. 

Romanticism. Occidental Fantasy.

Not buying it. 

Especially, from those who retain this fanciful manner in which to reinvent foreign places in their images.

3 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

Romanticism. Occidental Fantasy.

Not buying it. 

Especially, from those who retain this fanciful manner in which to reinvent foreign places in their images.

So you are currently involved with this age level are you, or just projecting your fantasy.