Stricter controls on alcohol consumption will be enforced - Thai Health Min

webfact

One more law that nobody will bother enforcing or follow., the Statute Books in Thailand are full of them, starting with the traffic and driving laws.  Then only laws that they seem hell bent on enforcing are those that discourage expats from settling here.  Go figure.   

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Not sure what you mean about that.

I think most Thais would agree.

"I think most Thais would agree." ... (like the lady said) ... that .. this .. is .. totally .. unworkable :closedeyes:

Edited by Dap

What is their long term plan, a subservient society, thought they already had that?

No smoking, no drinking the traditional fall backs for the working man, lets him forget what a miserable existence he has, now they want to control that further!

What about bringing in legislation that helps people lead a better quality of life, less pollution, enforce traffic laws, get rid of the "screaming" motorcycles and noisy, underpowered, polluting & noisy trucks! Ah - they have a law - not enforced, not enough money in it!

How about bringing in a law to stop "hate crime" they will decide what a "crime" is though - off course!

Kinda glad I'm old! ????

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Min of Public Health to enforce stricter controls. 

Military control freaks. It is in their genetic make-up and so newly invented controls keep pouring forth. Next there will be controls on how tie your shoelaces.

Little generals with power; they love it. In the end there will be nothing left to control.

I cannot personally live in the village as I like the city. But I like to visit the village occasionally. One thing I enjoy is the federal government rules don’t apply. Kids can motorbike to the store and pick up beer or ice or cokes or whatever. Disputes are mainly handled in the community and there is a village head person that usually owns the store and mediate problems. No one bitches about driving a motorbike the quickest route without a helmet or having a party or anything. Alcohol can be sold as long as the elder lady that sells it is awake. I like Thailand and don’t want it to turn into what I left behind where politicians and big government think they should control every detail of our lives. Let it be let it be. 

• Like 1