Todays Chaeng Wattana Visit

Arrived there at 9:30 am for my "blue slip" appointment on my initial application for an extension of stay based on retirement that I submitted on October 21st. I had used an Income Affidavit from the US Embassy and was directed to return today to get my Passport Stamped.

I went right to the Queue counter showed my slip, and was given C1 window number 2X. Within 1 minute, I was called, I showed them my blue slip, the Immigratiion Lady asked me for my Passport and gave me number 6. I sat down, scratched, took out my cell phone and an English speaking Trainee walked up to me and handed me my passport. It reads Non Immigrant Retirement Granted October 21, expires January 21. In response to my questions, she told me that I had to come back not before January 8th, that I needed to bring a picture and a "form" (ill figure that one out.... Ubon Joe? ???? ) and the documents I brought the last time, viz: my copy of the Income Affidavit and my lease and my TM30 receipt and go the "L" section. They stapled my blue slip into my passport. I also stapled my TM 30 receipt in there so now, with my departure card stapled in, I have a book ????

It was not very crowded today. Of note, EVERYONE working was in a Brown Immigration Uniform. No more White Polos.  Thats it, not very informative I know, but thats what happened. I then went to the Bank, separate thread. It took me longer to get to Immigration than I spent inside.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can apply for the one year extension up to 45 days before January 21st.

You will use a TM7 form to do the application. Download, complete and print two sided this Fillable TM7 form.pdf .

You had mentioned that timeline previously and thats why I asked the girl, she said two weeks. Maybe she meant up to two weeks? Id rather do it as late as possible to carry me further into 2020....

The TM 7 is the same form I used before?

Edited by Nyezhov

4 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

You had mentioned that timeline previously and thats why I asked the girl, she said two weeks. Maybe she meant up to two weeks? Id rather do it as late as possible to carry me further into 2020....

The TM 7 is the same form I used before?

She gave you advise and it appears she was stating the 15 day remaining requirement for a visa that does not apply for and extension. You could apply on the 21st if you wanted to.

It does matter when you apply for the extension it will start on the 21st no matter how early you apply.

You used either a TM86 or TM87 form for the visa application. The TM7 form is used for extension of stay applications.

• Like 1

I was there today too. Arrived about 8.45; got my Extension transferred to my new passport by 10.00, then got new Extensions for myself, my wife and my son by 12.00. Got a queue ticket for our Re-entry permits at 1.00 and we were done by 1.30. All in all, not bad. Parking was relatively easy too.

And no mention of a TM30!!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

She gave you advise and it appears she was stating the 15 day remaining requirement for a visa that does not apply for and extension. You could apply on the 21st if you wanted to.

It does matter when you apply for the extension it will start on the 21st no matter how early you apply.

You used either a TM86 or TM87 form for the visa application. The TM7 form is used for extension of stay applications.

so now is it two more trips there? one for the application and one for the result?

Im sort of curious, why two aplications? Revenue?

7 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

so now is it two more trips there? one for the application and one for the result?

I did not mention two trips. It will be done on the same day you do the extension of stay application using a TM7 form.

8 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Im sort of curious, why two aplications? Revenue?

You do the first one is to get the required non immigrant visa entry so that you can do the extension of stay application.

I you had gotten a non-o visa from a embassy or consulate you would of only needed to do the extension of stay application.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

I did not mention two trips. It will be done on the same day you do the extension of stay application using a TM7 form.

You do the first one is to get the required non immigrant visa entry so that you can do the extension of stay application.

I you had gotten a non-o visa from a embassy or consulate you would of only needed to do the extension of stay application.

Got it. So the big issue is then will my Income Affidavit be sufficient when I go in after the 1st of the year.

16 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Got it. So the big issue is then will my Income Affidavit be sufficient when I go in after the 1st of the year.

Yes according to all info I have seen.

You can do as early as the December 11th (actually earlier but they are on a weekend and a holiday) and lose no days on your extension.

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes according to all info I have seen.

You can do as early as the December 11th (actually earlier but they are on a weekend and a holiday) and lose no days on your extension.

Ill probably go when my kid gets into town on December 22nd. Make her file a TM30 ????  ????

But she lives in China and I doubt she will be especially horrified at the hoops we jump through here. 

I was at CW on Wednesday for my 90 Day Report. I got there about 9:00, had 46 people ahead of me in the queue, and was out by 9:40. Not bad, especially compared to the last time, when there were approx. 200 people ahead of me in the queue. 

the C desk for 'change visa' is rarely (if ever) as busy as the others.  a number of people i know here in bkk (including me) have done the change/conversion and never waited more than 10 minutes for the application visit or the pickup visit.  you barely have time to sit down before you are called.  it is great.

19 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Your experience Nyezhov was pretty much the same as mine (last week) Taking back blue receipt for getting the O visa stamp.

The only differences was I used a UK Embassy letter and the trainee handling the passport she told me I can come back between 30 days and 15 days  from end date for my O visa date stamp.

I did ask if it was possible to come back 45 days before and she gave her  answer as NO. However I was not convinced that she was fully knowledgeable since I asked her a number of questions on the detail about what I need to bring back for on the date of 12 month extension application and she could not answer any of these questions - In the end she directed me to ask the same questions to the reception / immigration officer - He just gave me a form and said read this as everything is listed on this.

It would be interesting to hear back from you Nyezhov if you apply 45 days prior and get the extension.

Lastly I also had the same question about when the 12 months start date will begin (Application date vs end of 3 months O visa date) and UbonJoe gave me the same answer as you got - It starts from the end of 3 months O visa date.

31 minutes ago, spambot said:

Your experience Nyezhov was pretty much the same as mine (last week) Taking back blue receipt for getting the O visa stamp.

The only differences was I used a UK Embassy letter and the trainee handling the passport she told me I can come back between 30 days and 15 days  from end date for my O visa date stamp.

I did ask if it was possible to come back 45 days before and she gave her  answer as NO. However I was not convinced that she was fully knowledgeable since I asked her a number of questions on the detail about what I need to bring back for on the date of 12 month extension application and she could not answer any of these questions - In the end she directed me to ask the same questions to the reception / immigration officer - He just gave me a form and said read this as everything is listed on this.

It would be interesting to hear back from you Nyezhov if you apply 45 days prior and get the extension.

Lastly I also had the same question about when the 12 months start date will begin (Application date vs end of 3 months O visa date) and UbonJoe gave me the same answer as you got - It starts from the end of 3 months O visa date.

Im going to play it safe and go back say on the 21st. My January is going to be pretty busy and its not like stuff shuts down here for Christmas

What list did they give you?

Edited by Nyezhov
  • Like 1

Nyezhov & Spambot. I am in a similar situation as you so it has been interesting to read this report and particularly the replies from Ubonjoe.

I converted my Visa exempt entry to a Non-O-Retirement Visa. Application was submitted on the 29th-October, was given the blue receipt and return date of 13th-November.

I went to CW yesterday and was given the stamps in the passport for the Visa, expires 26th-January.

Was also told to apply for the extension 15 to 30 days before expiry date. Also told if I want to leave Thailand I should obtain a Re-entry permit.

I do need to leave Thailand for a couple of weeks, so I will go back and apply for the Re-entry permit.

Extension of Stay.....

As I understand it from Ubonjoe's comments, to obtain the Extension (1 year) you need to submit Form TM7 "Application for Extension of Temporary Stay". This will extend your stay from the date of the visa expiry. This can be done even up to 45 days before the expiry date.

NOTE. Also along with the TM7 you need to attach all the copies of the support documentation. I am guessing much the same as the original application.

Questions.

1. The TM7 is processed on the same day you submit / make the application ?

So you should receive the Extension of Stay stamp that same day ? No waiting period ?

2. I will also need to leave Thailand in early January before the visa expiry, but after the extension process if I submit it in December.

Then I will need to apply for another Re-entry permit (Multi) early January.

Will this permit be valid through to the end date for the Extension of Stay ?

Thank you.

I arrived 8:15 this morning for retirement extension, got my queue number (#99) by 9:10, out the door at 2:30, same as last year when I arrived at 9:30.

It was my 8th total, 6th at CW

Best time was 20 minutes when the red shirts were occupying much of the complex.

Despite the dress code, people still wear shorts.  I was the only one with a tie on, first time i’ve worn one in 5 years, and all the Officers called me “Sir”.  LOL