Wife's settlement visa - Savings dependent application

Hello

I would be very grateful if someone could help.

I will be travelling to BKK next week to marry my girlfriend of 2 years, get the A1 English and TB test and apply for a settlement visa. 

I am self employed and would rather evidence my savings of £60k than painstakingly evidence my small business income however I cannot find where in the .GOV's policies it indicates I am able to rely upon this in our application. Could anyone be kind enough to point me in the right direction ? 

Additionaly I am confused on where we will submit all our evidence for the visa, some posts in this forum indicate my partners evidence will need to be submitted separately at the biometrics appt; and I will have to send mine to Sheffield when I return to London.

Other posts say I am able to submit all supporting documentation along with bank statements at the biometrics appt. 

Is this correct ? I would mush rather submit them all together at the appt in BKK.

Thank you kindly

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

If you section 1.7 on the url below it will tell you about the financial requirement including the savings route. 

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/chapter-8-appendix-fm-family-members

I've not a visa for a while so not 100% on the paperwork side. I'm sure one of the regular posters will be able to advise. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/8/2018 at 11:45 AM, cube789 said:

I will be travelling to BKK next week to marry my girlfriend of 2 years, get the A1 English and TB test and apply for a settlement visa. 

I am self employed and would rather evidence my savings of £60k than painstakingly evidence my small business income however I cannot find where in the .GOV's policies it indicates I am able to rely upon this in our application. Could anyone be kind enough to point me in the right direction ? 

Additionaly I am confused on where we will submit all our evidence for the visa, some posts in this forum indicate my partners evidence will need to be submitted separately at the biometrics appt; and I will have to send mine to Sheffield when I return to London.

Other posts say I am able to submit all supporting documentation along with bank statements at the biometrics appt. 

Is this correct ? I would mush rather submit them all together at the appt in BKK.

You need £62,500 in savings that are instantly available. Not even Premium Bonds are allowed even though it's possible to get a refund on bonds in a couple of days. The money has to be in the account for six months before you apply.

Most of the documentation needs to go to Sheffield. Biometrics etc are submitted in Bangkok and not much more. You need to download the requirements and take a look. Somebody who has recently applied on here will be able to help you. My wife's settlement visa was in 2016 and things have changed.

• Thanks 1