Retirement visa 40 years old.

First , I know there is no retirement visa but an extension to stay based on retirement.

So my buddy in the US about 60 years old, and his wife , in her forties, both US citizens are considering retirement in Thailand.They have visited here and love it.

I know he qualifies for an extension to stay based on retirement but how about his wife? would she be able to piggyback based on his retirement age, and if it was an option would each of them  need the  800,000 or 60k income or only one of them?

Thank you  

59 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I know he qualifies for an extension to stay based on retirement but how about his wife? would she be able to piggyback based on his retirement age, and if it was an option would each of them  need the  800,000 or 60k income or only one of them?

She would get an extension of stay based upon his for being his spouse. No financial proof is needed,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Justin Side said:

Why have you posted this in the wrong forum?

I believed I will get a better chance for response at the "general " section and was confident that it would be moved to the appropriate subforum,

I was not too concerned that it will take unnecessary space in the "general" forum as I am sure that once the question is answered , there is litle more to be said, and the Thread will quickly cycle trough.

I apologise for any inconvenience, 

• Like 1