Medical check in Pattaya

moosa11

www.pattayacityhospital.go.th/th/promotion

I am not sure how current thede prices there are though. They tend not to update their website. Also have no idea how thorough the interpretation is.

Personally I'd go a little further away to Phyathai Hospital in Sri Racha. You can find packages and prices on their website in English.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

10 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

www.pattayacityhospital.go.th/th/promotion

I am not sure how current thede prices there are though. They tend not to update their website. Also have no idea how thorough the interpretation is.

Personally I'd go a little further away to Phyathai Hospital in Sri Racha. You can find packages and prices on their website in English.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

And there is Gavin Waddel there, a Scot, who will help you.

10 hours ago, wgdanson said:

And there is Gavin Waddel there, a Scot, who will help you.

I go there for my dental implants, but for a medical  check up I can't say, other than it is a pain to get to, versus Pattaya options

I would stay away from Pattaya Memorial unless you are proficient in Russian, and Bangkok Hospital Pattaya is way overpriced, unless of course you are interested in concierge service.  My choice is Pattaya International Hospital on Soi 4 and 2nd road.  Good English and reasonable pricing

Bit difficult to answer, as you don't provide anything about yourself like

- what is your age and your general health condition

- is their any concern that you have, i.e. heart, cancer, STD's, family history etc

Basically, checkup for me means complete check with ECG, ultrasound of abdomen, cancer marker testings etc, but no test for any STD as I am in a trusted relationship. 

In Pattaya, I have experience with 2 hospitals (Pattaya Memorial and Bangkok Hospital Pattaya) which both offer different checkup packages from as low as 2'200 and up to 13'990 with various options to enhance with additional tests (specially in the Bangkok Hospital case). The links I included take you directly to the websites where the packages are described.

Interestingly, the more expensive tests from Bangkok Hospital concentrate on physical things like stress ECG or calcium and vascular screening while Memorial (located in the middle of the "action") includes STD testing into the package but no such things as stress ECG. 

Small clinics might be good and maybe even cheaper for bloodwork etc, but most might lack the equipment for ECG or ultrasound or CT screening etc. But for a checkup as I understand it, I would recommend one of the two hospitals. I do not recommend Pattaya International, had bad experiences there and staff at that time not knowledgeable enough

On 11/10/2018 at 7:35 PM, Sheryl said:

They did have some good "offers" on packages of tests last month but not sure if any hospital runs offers in January as it is peak season - happy to be proved wrong however :thumbsup:

On 11/11/2018 at 6:33 AM, Langsuan Man said:

but for a medical  check up I can't say, other than it is a pain to get to, versus Pattaya options

Had a check up there 2/3 years ago and have friends who go there most years to take advantage of their deals.

I do agree about it being a pain to get to compared to local Pattaya hospitals but I think the package costs are generally much better value - and I have also used PIH. 

Edited by topt

If one takes out the annual VIP membership at Pattaya Memorial Hospital (which is essentially a discount card), with it comes a no extra-charge checkup which can be taken within one month of the membership registration. What you get is a blood check, urine check, chest x-ray and results followed up by a doctor consultation. Last time I used this service was over a year ago, but plan on doing so in the new year. The VIP card cost was then 1500 baht. The doctor's English who I see is good. The results have been in line with UK checks which I also take at other times. 

Edited by SheungWan