Google's Picasa

Tywais

I was copying the latest picture management program Picasa from my flash to my local computer and Avast anti-virus popped up saying the file has Win32:Xanax-C malware/virus. Downloaded a fresh copy from google and Avast again complained. I'm assuming it is a false positive but wonder if anyone else has had their virus engine detect it. Searching for the malware and it's relation to Picasa comes up empty.

nod32 didn't complain, and Win32.Xanax.C is an email worm so I'd assume a false positive.

Thanks, did find it hard to imagine that Google would be supplying corrupted programs. Just wanted to see what other scanners did. This is the first time Avast has actually complained about anything since my e-mail server has a virus filter on it pre-empting them entering our facility.

Try their !@#$^ virus scanner on google mail :o . Simply won't allow you to attach a zip file. I had a 100 mb file to send to my brother, so I zipped it up breaking it into 9mb each for the maximum limit you can upload in online mail programs. Don't remember the exact message, but each and every of these 12 part zip files I uploaded to google, the online scanner would not allow me to attach or send as it said there was a virus. I uploaded the very same files via hotmail and yahoo without any problem whatsoever. :D