What do i need for Vientiane consulate?

Hi..

Next week i plan to travel over the bridge into Laos.. What paperwork etc do i need for the consulate?

Also i have done my 2 land crossings this year so will they refuse me entry this 3rd time or is it ok with a Tourist visa in my passport to enter a 3rd time?

Finally. Can my Thai GF enter Laos without a passport and just show her i.d.? If just her i,d is needed does she have to get paperwork at the bridge to cross into Laos..

Thank you.

Edited by Huayrat

For a tourist visa you need a completed application form with 2 photos attached, copy of passport photo page and Lao visa on arrival plus entry stamp.

The 2 entry rule is only for visa exempt entries. If you have a valid visa or entry to the country there is no limit.

You girlfriend will need to get a border pass before leaving Thailand by showing her ID card and paying about 50 baht. Their are offices that do it just before the bridge.

12 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

For a tourist visa you need a completed application form with 2 photos attached, copy of passport photo page and Lao visa on arrival plus entry stamp.

The 2 entry rule is only for visa exempt entries. If you have a valid visa or entry to the country there is no limit.

You girlfriend will need to get a border pass before leaving Thailand by showing her ID card and paying about 50 baht. Their are offices that do it just before the bridge.

Thank you very much Ubonjoe much appreciated.

4 hours ago, Huayrat said:

Also do i have to show funds in a bank account or funds that i am carrying?. 20k baht ?

You will not need this at the consulate in Vientiane. However, you could (in theory) be asked to show cash by immigration on entry into Thailand. If entering via the Friendship Bridge at Nong Khai, this is very unlikely.