having been denied entry 5 years ago

Hi. I have a flight from uk to Bangkok on the 19th of this month, (November), I've been back in the uk approx. 5 years, before that I was living in Thailand for 4 years. At the time it was common to extend your stay by doing border runs, flying to KL and back etc, but towards the end of my stay things started changing making it difficult to stay long term on tourist visas.

About 1 month before I was due to return to the UK I flew to KL then back to Phuket to get another 30 days but was denied entry and sent back to KL were at the Thai embassy I managed to get a 60 day visa, I then flew back to Phuket and was allowed in.

My question is this, when I arrive in Bangkok on the 19th will the record of the denied entry and all the tourist visas from 5 years ago be sufficient cause for another denied entry?      Thanks for any advice,  it's apparently too late for me to get a new uk passport

Scrutiny perhaps but I doubt you will be denied entry.

Not least since you were actually allowed in after applying for a visa.

But I would highly recommend you to get a visa beforehand and avoid using visa exempts as they are scrutinized the most (apart from ED visas for obvious reasons being taken advantage of in the past)

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, HampiK said:

Would it be helpful to have an equivalent of 20'000 baht in cash with him, or is this not needed with a visa?

20,000 needed for a tourist visa, 10,000 for visa exempt, however it has been recommended that 20,000 baht for VE is the way to go as some IO's don't differentiate between the two. 

• Thanks 1

Yes I read that, will be taking 20k Baht in cash, and print outs of my tickets, thanks for all the advice.

When I was denied entry last time I had to stay in a small freezing room for seven hours till they put me on the plane back to KL, wouldn't want that experience again.

9 hours ago, kelly22 said:

Initially I'll be staying with a friend in Hua Hin so I have her address   

Make sure she registers you with immigration on your arrival at her address, otherwise you could be in touble again