Taxes Thailand sending money to Thai Bank

4 minutes ago, topt said:

Yes  but unfortunately does not include most pensions other than some government ones (Eg Civil Service). Does not include the State pension.

I don't understand that, income is income regardless of how it is earned.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

I don't understand that, income is income regardless of how it is earned.

There has been a couple of threads where this has come up before. The DTA with Thailand specifically excludes pension income other than certain Government pensions. I will see if I can dig out the link.

16 minutes ago, topt said:

There has been a couple of threads where this has come up before. The DTA with Thailand specifically excludes pension income other than certain Government pensions. I will see if I can dig out the link.

@simoh1490 look at page 34 and specifically look at point 4 on the right hand side -

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/707093/Digest_of_Double_Taxation_Treaties_April_2018.pdf

On 11/13/2018 at 11:51 AM, simoh1490 said:

If you can't follow the conversation or have never had a bank account, don't interrupt, if you want more precise explanations, go google the answer.

Stupid rude answer, from a stupid person!

5 hours ago, topt said:

"no relief for state pension", gottit, I'm very surprised that would be excluded.

On 11/14/2018 at 5:29 AM, simoh1490 said:

I'm pretty sure you'll find that banks are obliged to make those tax deductions, regardless of the type of savings account, the amount on deposit or the duration. The fact that some banks monitor the amount of interest paid and don't make those deductions, in some cases, is more a reflection of some banks having capable back office systems which permit them to offer this type of facility.

Re. Tax Refund: I would urge any foreigner in Thailand who is eligible to reclaim their tax, the process is efficient, friendly and very straightforward - of all the Thai government departments The Revenue is the easiest and least painful to deal with, it can actually be a fun experience since the girls there will do your tax return for you, as long as you give them the letter from the bank showing the amount of interest withheld.

Thanks, yes I did mean 'legally stolen from' ????

Archived