Hospital stays and TM30

Do hospitals in Thailand register international inpatients with Immigration?

My scenario is that I returned to Thailand feeling ill and was admitted to hospital and will therefore be unable to report my address to Immigration. It's not something I've ever done before but as it would likely be my last trip out of the country before my retirement extension renewal I decided to lessen the hassle on the day and do it now.

My plan is to do it a couple of days after I get out of hospital and take the medical certificate with me.

But I'm as interested in the general answer to my initial question as surely, according to the law, foreigners ought to be reported.

I don't know if hospitals report, but...

I have gone to immigration to report a TM-30 days after re-entering Thailand, by showing proof of where I was before returning home.  This explains the time-delay between my entry to the country (TM-6 date) and TM-30 reporting-date, regardless of whether I was reported in the interim. 

If you can document to immigration that you were in the hospital - not at your residence - you should not be fined for late-reporting, provided you report to immigration immediately after returning to your residence from the hospital.

Also - Hope you Feel Better Soon!

• Thanks 1

Section 38 : The house – master , the owner or the possessor of the residence , or the hotel manager
where the alien , receiving permission to stay temporary in the Kingdom has stayed , must notify the
competent official of the Immigration Office located in the same area with that hours , dwelling place or
hotel, within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the alien concerned.

The requirement is to report within 24 hours of arriving at the residence as notified on your TM6.

Hospitals do have an Immigration liaison officer, but they don't file TM30's.

As long as the date you enter on the TM30 is within 24 hours of making the report, they rarely question any time between your arrival in the Country and your arrival at your registered residence.