TM.28 Bangkok ED Visa

Hi,

I study here on a ED Visa with a university. At the moment I do 3 month extensions. My next 90 day report is due in a month. I am about to move properties from within Bangkok. Do i need to go to immigration with a TM.28 within 24 hours of moving. My landlord will be doing the TM.30. I have heard many conflicting things regarding the TM.28 though.

Thanks

By the letter of the law, yes you should file a TM28 to notify a new permanent address.

You will need a signed copy of the landlords Tabien Baan and ID card.

Bangkok don't enforce filing a TM30 for private residential dwellings, but no harm in filing both the TM28 and TM30 together.

2. Shall stay at the place as indicated to the competent official. Where there is proper reason
that he cannot stay at the place as indicated to the competent official, he shall notify the competent official
of the change in residence , within 24 hours from the time of removing to said place.

Edited by Tanoshi

7 minutes ago, lily11a said:

I tried to file this today at Bangkok immigration and she would not take it, Only said a TM.30 had to be done which it already had. Does anyone have any advice as to whether I should now try file this with police instead?

Was there a proper reason why you can not stay at your old place?

10 minutes ago, lily11a said:

Does anyone have any advice as to whether I should now try file this with police instead?

Not need to bother with doing it at a police station. Most would tell you do do it at immigration or would not have a clue about what it is for.

11 minutes ago, lily11a said:

I wanted to move to a condo as I had been staying with family-should this matter to immigration?

According to the law you only have to file a TM28 if there is a proper reason that you can not stay at the old place (if you stay in Thailand legally)

So if you just moved because you wanted to move you don't have to file a TM28 according to the law

Edited by jackdd

5 hours ago, lily11a said:

I tried to file this today at Bangkok immigration and she would not take it, Only said a TM.30 had to be done which it already had. Does anyone have any advice as to whether I should now try file this with police instead?

If you have the receipt from the TM30, that's your proof.