TM30 & TM28 when travelling

I am based in BKK on a ED Visa. I rent a condo here. If I wish to visit the south and stay with friends when I don't have classes what is my responsibility with regards to reporting when i go and return. My current understanding is, If I go to the south then my friends have to file a TM.30 on my behalf. Is there anything I have to do? When I return, How do I then notify immigration of my latest address. I had heard BKK did not take TM.30 forms but I have heard this may have changed?

Thanks

How long will your visit be, if you wont be there long enough to start doing 90 day reports, no need to report. Technically you should report but unless you will have some business with the local immigration, no reason to do TM30. 

It may be the law that your friends should report your presence but it is not something that is not enforced since immigration would not be aware of it.

The TM28 reporting of a stay in another province is the same. The TM28 reporting is not expected unless you change your registered address when you applied for your extension.

In summary  you do not need to worry about any reporting.

Just now, lily11a said:

Alternatively, If I stayed at a hotel to make this process easier does this not mean i need to re register myself once i am back in BKK?

I have left Bangkok and stayed in hotels about 4 or 5 times in the last year or so. Never had anything to do with immigration. They don't need to know and I'm sure would prefer not to have the extra work.

1 minute ago, lily11a said:

Alternatively, If I stayed at a hotel to make this process easier does this not mean i need to re register myself once i am back in BKK?

No you would not need to do it since it is not required at Bangkok immigration and at most other immigration offices.

Thanks. I read this and it has confused me as to the correct process. Given things seem to be changing constantly I would like to be doing this the correct way.

https://www.thephuketnews.com/better-if-you-do-phuket-immigration-chief-urges-foreigners-to-re-register-addresses-even-if-staying-off-island-just-one-night-65744.php#OHJoTyguDxGR7dy3.97

5 minutes ago, lily11a said:

Thanks. I read this and it has confused me as to the correct process. Given things seem to be changing constantly I would like to be doing this the correct way.

https://www.thephuketnews.com/better-if-you-do-phuket-immigration-chief-urges-foreigners-to-re-register-addresses-even-if-staying-off-island-just-one-night-65744.php#OHJoTyguDxGR7dy3.97

Ignore it, Bangkok immigration is one of the more grown up immigration centres in Thailand. 

49 minutes ago, lily11a said:

If you want to be correct your friends should submit a TM.30 when you arrive at their address, and you/whoever is responsible should submit a new TM.30 when you return.

But, as suggested above, immigration will have no idea of your movements so no one needs to report. If you were staying in a hotel that reported your stay, you probably should report when you return home, but I wouldn't bother if staying in a private residence.

5 minutes ago, elviajero said:

If you were staying in a hotel that reported your stay, you probably should report when you return home, but I wouldn't bother if staying in a private residence.

Why ?

I have stayed in many hotels and never bothered reporting to immigration when I have got back to Bangkok.

They don't want you bothering them with something so petty. 

8 hours ago, berybert said:
8 hours ago, elviajero said:

If you were staying in a hotel that reported your stay, you probably should report when you return home, but I wouldn't bother if staying in a private residence.

Why ?

I have stayed in many hotels and never bothered reporting to immigration when I have got back to Bangkok.

They don't want you bothering them with something so petty

They were asking about the correct thing to do. If they stay away in a hotel there is a record and they remain at that address until a new report is made. Therefore, the correct thing is for someone to report their return.

9 hours ago, berybert said:

Ignore it, Bangkok immigration is one of the more grown up immigration centres in Thailand. 

That’s not the reason. They simply couldn’t cope with the volume of work to process all the paperwork to enforce the law/rules.