U.S. judge to hold hearing on CNN White House lawsuit

webfact

8 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

Stalin is your standard for sincerity?

In 1934 Dictator Stalin launched the Great Purge in which about a million people perished. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Purge

Im well aware. He just phrased nicely what folks know instinctively about folks like....Car Salesmen for example.

Remember the TV show Racket Squad? Where the star, Reed Hadley, said at the opening: "They pat you on the back with one hand, but pick your pocket with the other"

George Washington massacred Indians, do we disregard all that he said? Do folks not quote Mao and Che?

7 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

This is just ridiculous. It's based on the assumption that if someone's speech is nasty and offensive, it's also honest. Yet the fact is Trump is the most massively dishonest person in public life today. No one else comes close. You, like so many other dupes, are actually victims of "truthiness."

"Truthiness is the belief or assertion that a particular statement is true based on the intuition or perceptions of some individual or individuals, without regard to evidence, logic, intellectual examination, or facts.[1][2] Truthiness can range from ignorant assertions of falsehoods to deliberate duplicity or propaganda intended to sway opinions.[3][4]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truthiness

Are you saying that if one's speech in your opinion is nasty and offensive then it's a lie? As Nyezhov has so eloquently stated "if the shoe fits"

• Like 2

1 minute ago, EVENKEEL said:

Are you saying that if one's speech in your opinion is nasty and offensive then it's a lie? As Nyezhov has so eloquently stated "if the shoe fits"

First let me repeat to you what I wrote with the salient sentence in boldface.

"This is just ridiculous. It's based on the assumption that if someone's speech is nasty and offensive, it's also honest. Yet the fact is Trump is the most massively dishonest person in public life today. No one else comes close. You, like so many other dupes, are actually victims of "truthiness."

Now for a brief lesson in logic, If "A" then "B" is not the same as If "A" then "not B".

Aristotle pointed this out about 2400 years ago. Time to catch up on your reading.

9 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

First let me repeat to you what I wrote with the salient sentence in boldface.

"This is just ridiculous. It's based on the assumption that if someone's speech is nasty and offensive, it's also honest. Yet the fact is Trump is the most massively dishonest person in public life today. No one else comes close. You, like so many other dupes, are actually victims of "truthiness."

Now for a brief lesson in logic, If "A" then "B" is not the same as If "A" then "not B".

Aristotle pointed this out about 2400 years ago. Time to catch up on your reading.

Again you ramble on avoiding the post you addressed. The sickness of hating Trump is robbing you of common sense. Carry on, I'm off to do some fun stuff.

• Thanks 2

Just now, EVENKEEL said:

Again you ramble on avoiding the post you addressed. The sickness of hating Trump is robbing you of common sense. Carry on, I'm off to do some fun stuff.

It may be robbing of my common sense, but that is as nothing compared to your inability to understand the most basic of rules of syllogisms. And then there is the question of your short term memory. Let me repeat the question you asked:

"Are you saying that if one's speech in your opinion is nasty and offensive then it's a lie?"

Here was my analysis:

"Now for a brief lesson in logic, If "A" then "B" is not the same as If "A" then "not B".

Aristotle pointed this out about 2400 years ago. Time to catch up on your reading."

This is "rambling"? I directly and economically answered your question.

Do you just spew out words without reference to their meaning and hope some will stick?

1 minute ago, mtls2005 said:

Plan B: No more press conferences?

Plan B - Rules and regulations!

Misbehaving ,automatic ejection  

Stop the briefing!

According to my President, this is what must be done when activist pretending to be reporters act out of sorts!

Uh ho Donald dident get his way we are going to have a big hissey fitt tantrum soon and Donald will do his very very best to ruin mister Acosta’s life because he asked that fraud a pertinit question just disgusting then he wants respect oh please

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, riclag said:

According to my President, this is what must be done when activist pretending to be reporters act out of sorts!

So why did it take two years to arrive at the need for "rules" and "decorum"?

Edited by mtls2005
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1