Big Bike Training

Dream91

57 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Are you looking for a course to learn riding a big bike because you never rode one before, or are you riding one already and want to improve your skills?

I have a little experience with a big bike but I would still say I’m a beginner biker. I have recently bought one and I’m looking to learn how ride it safely and improve my skills. 

26 minutes ago, Dream91 said:

Thank you, I’ll look into these.

Yeah be lucky,  your being sensible about riding a motorbike I use to train in advanced riding.

Basically take it slow and build your awareness of the way Thai people use the road and their maneuvers, learn 'U' turning, learn being aware of road surfaces when braking, practicing emergency stops, learn to read corners on judging your entering speed, keep left on blind road hills, treat every other road user as an idiot. remember this is my road space so keep it a safe one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Yeah be lucky,  your being sensible about riding a motorbike I use to train in advanced riding.

Basically take it slow and build your awareness of the way Thai people use the road and their maneuvers, learn 'U' turning, learn being aware of road surfaces when braking, practicing emergency stops, learn to read corners on judging your entering speed, keep left on blind road hills, treat every other road user as an idiot. remember this is my road space so keep it a safe one.

Thank you for your advice. I will definitely practice this stuff. I’ve been riding a smaller bike around pattaya for about 10 years, so I’m quite used to the craziness of Thai drivers, but I thought to give myself the best chance on the roads, on a big bike, I should take some proper lessons. 

Thanks for your help! 

• Like 2

It's not exactly what you asked for but I can recommend the book:

Total Control by Lee Parks

https://www.amazon.com/Total-Control-Lee-Parks-ebook/dp/B00R31222S

I bought it a couple of years ago in the Japanese bookshop in Emporium when I bought a "big bike" in Bangkok.

I found lots of interesting information and tips in the book.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/14/2018 at 6:37 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

It's not exactly what you asked for but I can recommend the book:

Total Control by Lee Parks

https://www.amazon.com/Total-Control-Lee-Parks-ebook/dp/B00R31222S

I bought it a couple of years ago in the Japanese bookshop in Emporium when I bought a "big bike" in Bangkok.

I found lots of interesting information and tips in the book.

Thanks I’ve ordered it, looks like an interesting read

• Like 1