Noise in a new scoopy

prettyawsm

Not sure if posting in the right place so please feel free to move it somewhere else.

Just got a new '18 scoopy and at only 50kms started to have some kind of a noise so was curious if anyone has a clue or a tip. It sounds at the front and more like a vibrance. Also only happens when you at slow speeds- parking/pulling over/accelerating. Pretty loud for sure can easily be heard even with helmet on. I thought I'd let it go as Honda shop said will do a check up at 1000km but it's pretty annoying actually. Don't have time to go to the shop now so thought maybe could get some tips here first.

Thanks in advance!

28 minutes ago, Henryford said:

That's the usual noise any Honda makes.

Can't tell for Scoopy but our Click tends to vibrate on acceleration at low speeds.

Kind of shaking and unusual noise.

Could be the CVT transmission? "Slipping through"? (sorry I a no expert on that)

Go to the shop and ask them to check.

Will be a good test about their customer service.

1 hour ago, Issanman said:

Check to see if any coins or other items have been dropped into the front pockets. 

That always makes a lot of noise.

Honda-Scoopy-i-2018-007.png.daf528571a0bdb788fca4674ef260b3f.png

No, its a 3 days new bike heck haven't even used those pockets yet. Something technical for sure and like i said gf's much older scoopy has it too but much louder due to its age. 

33 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Can't tell for Scoopy but our Click tends to vibrate on acceleration at low speeds.

Kind of shaking and unusual noise.

Could be the CVT transmission? "Slipping through"? (sorry I a no expert on that)

Go to the shop and ask them to check.

Will be a good test about their customer service.

Will do yeah. Was very happy with the new bike overall but this noise after only 50km done is such a let down smh.

Just got a new Scoopy i for my daughters to run around the house and down to the beach. We've had it about 3 weeks and it is quiet and vibration free. But it is bright red, so that helps. At stop lights it is so quiet that it sounds as if it isn't running at all -- oh! maybe it isn't running at the stop lights????. I think you need to put at least 1000 km on it before you can make any assessment of how it runs/sounds. And, at the 1000 km service, the Honda technicians will be in the best position to say if there is anything abnormal about how your bike runs/sounds. 

5 minutes ago, Fat Prophet said:

Just got a new Scoopy i for my daughters to run around the house and down to the beach. We've had it about 3 weeks and it is quiet and vibration free. But it is bright red, so that helps. At stop lights it is so quiet that it sounds as if it isn't running at all -- oh! maybe it isn't running at the stop lights????. I think you need to put at least 1000 km on it before you can make any assessment of how it runs/sounds. And, at the 1000 km service, the Honda technicians will be in the best position to say if there is anything abnormal about how your bike runs/sounds. 

A new bike should be free of ANY faults. *

Edited by lust
  • Confused 1

On 11/14/2018 at 10:07 AM, prettyawsm said:

only happens when you at slow speeds-

Does it happen if the bike is on center stand (stopped obviously)  and you just rev the engine ?

if it only happens at a certain  engine rpm then its likely just the plastics vibrating against something ( harmonic resonance )   you can touch certain plastic parts and the noise will stop

so once the offender is found some bolt/screw tightening and rubber washers could solve it.

On 11/15/2018 at 3:48 PM, Fat Prophet said:

I've got 300km in just a few days so i thought maybe i kind of overused it as a new bike. went to check with the same shop and yeah they said meipenrai. So will wit for a 1000km to do a check and will bring gf to rise the issue properly.

On 11/15/2018 at 4:23 PM, BigT73 said:

Misses sister bought a brand new scoopy i with the same noise under the handle bars in all that plastic, their attitude was Mai Pen Rai they learned to live with it.

You reckon its the same kind of noise i have or something slightly different? I went to the same shop told the guy its at the low speeds only he drove around for abit like crazy and of course couldn't get the noise heard.

On 11/16/2018 at 2:56 PM, johng said:

Does it happen if the bike is on center stand (stopped obviously)  and you just rev the engine ?

if it only happens at a certain  engine rpm then its likely just the plastics vibrating against something ( harmonic resonance )   you can touch certain plastic parts and the noise will stop

so once the offender is found some bolt/screw tightening and rubber washers could solve it.

It is while driving only, however i could hold it still with my legs and accelerate and then i would hear it. It also happens when i rev on and off, so for example when i rev on on green lights or when i park i rev off and at about maybe 5km/h i would hear it.

2 hours ago, prettyawsm said:

You reckon its the same kind of noise i have or something slightly different? I went to the same shop told the guy its at the low speeds only he drove around for abit like crazy and of course couldn't get the noise heard.

I think it may be the same, it was a new bike like yours and only happens on a normal takeoff as the motor takes up the load.  I thought I was too heavy for it.  On the flip side the bike is now 2 yrs old with the same noise and hasn't gotten any worse.  Its a shame the bike can turn on a dime and is great for city traffic.