Nearly half a billion baht spent on sand - but Pattaya beach is a filthy mess!

webfact

Nearly half a billion baht spent on sand - but Pattaya beach is a filthy mess!

9pm1.jpg

Picture: Pattaya News

Local media in Pattaya reported on the state of the beach in Pattaya saying that hundreds of millions of baht has been spent on new sand - but the area remains as dirty as ever. 

What should be a stunning natural attraction for tourists is a continuing disgrace. 

Pattaya News said that the authorities are forking out a budget of 429 million baht (around a million pounds sterling) to restore and widen the beach.

But no one is clearing up the litter. 

They published pictures of tourists coming ashore amid all manner of debris. 

They added that the refurbishing of the beach - due to finish at the end of the year - was now 80% complete.

Source: Pattaya News

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-11-14

9pm2.jpg

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, keith101 said:

You cant control what comes in from the sea all you can do is clean it up so they should have cleanup crews there everyday to do the job but TIT .

They could offer the trinket sellers that lie in wait for the chinese hoards a couple of hundred baht to clean the beach rather that sit on their "toots"......but that would involve real effort so I guess its a non starter also.....:whistling:

I met several Marine Biologists here a few years ago.  In conversation they said they found three three "things" in the water that were never seen before.  I don't recall what kind of Parasites, bacteria or amoebas or what they found but they said they appeared to be dangerous pathogens, that were yet Uncategorized.

In addition I saw in California over 30 years attempts to salvage the beaches by bringing in tons of sand. With the first big storm or in due course of time the beaches were back to their previous eroded states or worse. The only way to possibly save The beaches is to also build a series of jetties and then attempt to replenish the sand.

It's a shame you can't go on the water here. Eye, I hear it more and more rashes, eye, ear nose throat infections and other weird problems after just going in for a bit. If the water was clean here this place would be packed your round.

You really have to be a special kind of person to live in that place. Floods, traffic jams, the worst kind of tourists, polluted everything, and it doesn't matter how far away from walking street you are, the sex dynamic is ever apparent. ????

12 minutes ago, Katipo said:

You really have to be a special kind of person to live in that place. Floods, traffic jams, the worst kind of tourists, polluted everything, and it doesn't matter how far away from walking street you are, the sex dynamic is ever apparent. ????

No!  Ya think?! 

16 minutes ago, Katipo said:

Well my diet is 80% fruit.  20% " one other thing."  Why else put up with all the other crap that fills this toilet.

55 minutes ago, Katipo said:

Well you get all that in Bangkok too, but the dynamic as you call it is not really visible where I live out of town. We got a Terminal 21 now!

2 minutes ago, johng said:

only Iron men/women can survive  ????????

1527846094.jpg.0d270010305e1f323f12b696c644273d.jpg

The water is beyond disgusting.  I'm a former surfer and free diver.  it's a damn shame.  Much of Thailand is an Environmental disaster if ya do a little research.

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Well you get all that in Bangkok too, but the dynamic as you call it is not really visible where I live out of town. We got a Terminal 21 now!

I can see the jet they put out of the new Terminal 21 from my balcony about 10 minutes north.  Pattaya is definitely a toilet.  Anyone who denies it is blind or crazy.  I don't understand why tourists come here if not for the "night life."

1 minute ago, joeyg said:

I can see the jet they put out of the new Terminal 21 from my balcony about 10 minutes north.  Pattaya is definitely a toilet.  Anyone who denies it is blind or crazy.  I don't understand why tourists come here if not for the "night life."

Yes they do get under one's feet somewhat!

The sea has been polluted to the point it is no longer advisable to enter! for as long as I remember (over 30 years) I reckon after this amount of time and the vast number of complaints & negative write ups they are Not going to do anything about it! They will only do something when it starts to cost money, so far that situation has not even vaguely come close. ????

In the late seventies & (very) early eighties Pattaya was known as the "Pearl of Asia" it lost that description long ago!

6 minutes ago, Juan B Tong said:

I thought boats had to load/unload at Bali Hair as of a couple of months ago?   Or was that mandate V

voluntary.

Never thought tourists could drink so much Red Bull and Caribao.

Sure glad you can't smoke on the beach or it would be filthy.

The reality is the idea of the beach being an attraction has been abandoned, making money on the idea is still alive and well!

1 hour ago, CGW said:

The sea has been polluted to the point it is no longer advisable to enter! for as long as I remember (over 30 years) I reckon after this amount of time and the vast number of complaints & negative write ups they are Not going to do anything about it! They will only do something when it starts to cost money, so far that situation has not even vaguely come close. ????

In the late seventies & (very) early eighties Pattaya was known as the "Pearl of Asia" it lost that description long ago!

Up until about 1984 it was decent Snorkeling right off the beach.  Some days 30 meters visibility.  Those days are long gone never to return.

23 hours ago, keith101 said:

You cant control what comes in from the sea all you can do is clean it up so they should have cleanup crews there everyday to do the job but TIT .

I disagree. 

You can control what comes in from the sea by controlling what goes in to the sea !

Archived