Election Commission Bans Online Sales Of Political Merch

webfact

By Pravit Rojanaphruk, Senior Staff Writer

ffpmerch-696x464.jpg

Photo: Future Forward Party / Facebook

BANGKOK — Don’t expect to shop online for T-shirts, tote bags and umbrellas promoting your favorite political party anytime soon.

The Election Commission on Wednesday banned online sales of political party merchandising, halting one party’s idea of selling goods over the internet.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2018/11/15/election-commission-bans-online-sales-of-political-merch/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-11-15

19 minutes ago, webfact said:

They haven't even slowly started to give people back their rights - and to think there will be a free, fair and fully democratic election in just over 3 months ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, GarryP said:

Nor a modicum of decency.

And to think I supported the takeover at the beginning. I am now ashamed of myself. HTF could I have supported such evil, power hungry people. 

It takes a real man of integrity and character to admit when he was wrong, Garry - unlike the junta themselves, who would not know honesty and integrity if it bit them on the backside!

Edited by Eligius
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, GarryP said:

Nor a modicum of decency.

And to think I supported the takeover at the beginning. I am now ashamed of myself. HTF could I have supported such evil, power hungry people. 

Don't punish yourself, after all it's their circus, we are just members of the audience without a vote.

• Like 1

Just love how the political parties are running rings around the EC and the junta. FFP has been selling their merchandise on line for quite a while and earned them close to 2 M Baht which is a handsome sum. They probably reached their target and to make that sale legitimate, they then ask the EC for a ruling. Idiots being played like a violin. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Eligius said:

Pathetic, terrified little runts and cowards. I cannot find adequate words to express my contempt for this bunch of utterly failed human beings (I mean the junta and their allies), who do not possess even half a brain cell between them.

The revolution awaits.....

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Just love how the political parties are running rings around the EC and the junta. FFP has been selling their merchandise on line for quite a while and earned them close to 2 M Baht which is a handsome sum. They probably reached their target and to make that sale legitimate, they then ask the EC for a ruling. Idiots being played like a violin. 

Though, it really wouldn't take much of an effort to play them well.....

5 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

This is the real reason behind this. The dictatorship wants itself to be the only kid on the block with any real money.

Unfortunately, the ruling junta hasn't a clue as to how to run things. They mistakenly believe that they can forestall a revolution by doing stupid things like this. The problem is and will remain that the noble and elites want to keep hold on their huge share of the pie. They really care nothing about anything or anyone else. Thus, the conflict will ALWAYS remain. Until one side or the other is completely smashed, there can be no lasting peaceful government.  So, let's look at the other side.

The Thaksin/populist solution is no solution whatsoever.  The rice scheme is a perfect example. It was doomed at the outset. Never ever bet on controlling the interests of all the parties in any area where there is wide spread participation. Gold, silver, precious objects, rice, etc are not "cornerable". That is, no one can corner the market. Thus, when Thailand attempted to that, other market forces were at play and other players sought their best position, guaranteeing the failure of the "rice scheme". 

And democracy is not yet attainable for Thailand. A Republic or Democracy presupposes that there is an informed and educated populace. That would be laughable for Thailand if it weren't so tragically true that most Thais are uneducated or undereducated. Critical thinking is not a practice of the general population of Thailand. 

Thus, we have the stage set for a real power struggle. On the one hand, we have the nobility and elites backing the dictatorship and on the other we have Thaksin and others who want to promise the sun, moon and stars in order to become the new rulers. 

God help Thailand.