Terminal 21 Pattaya: Last call for all Eastern shoppers

snoop1130

Do tourists really go to Pattaya to shop?  I have been over a dozen times.  I don't go there to shop in a mall.  I stay for 30 to 60 days, bring my one carry on, have the nice lady in the laundry shop down the street do my laundry just under once a week.  I typically bus up to Bangkok for a while, take a short trip to Cambodia, jet over to Phuket for a week, hit Ko Samet for some peace and quiet, etc.  I can't imagine and I have never seen large scale shopping going on.  The malls tend to have the same stuff by the same manufacturers in multiple stores.   Me thinks some investors are going to be not happy with their investments in these complexes.  I so miss and prefer a smaller scale Pattaya, before The Avenue or central.  One big C and Carre 4 had all I needed. If one wants fancy Gucci and stuff there are other cities and countries to shop at

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Jingthing said:

Sure some do. Most eat.

Next

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

From what I've seen (been a couple of times), most spend nothing. Spending serious cash in there seems to be reserved for the gluttonous, obese farangs filling their faces in there.

A typical T21 diner      ;

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

I so miss and prefer a smaller scale Pattaya, before The Avenue or central.

Well that will not happen. Pattaya is a bigger city now , more money to spend among the locals.

If they can all afford new iPhones I guess they can also afford to buy fashion clothes.  And eat hi-so food.