All Villa Market Topics Closed by Thaivisa

kjun12

What's the point in making it a topic then? Why not just make it an advertisement banner. Which is what it is.

ProAuto sponsor the Chiang Mai forum. They run a thread where they promote their business. People join in and most, if not all, post good things about the company. Because it is a good, honest company.

What have Villa Market got to hide? It's immediately clear to me which is the better business.

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, madmen said:

Villa market is a rip off. All of their not so fresh meat and Veges, fruit is double that of Tesco. I recently saw a head of lettuce imported from the USA for 300 baht

Potato chips (a bag of flavoured air) costs more than a small sushi tray. Why? Mass freight is cheap.

• Like 1

Usually buy pack of six large crumpets from Siamsburys for 99 baht. Locally produced and not a patch on Warburton's in the UK. Went in Villa the other day, pack of six small crumpets, locally produced, 204 baht!

Have bought them before at a much lower price, slightly better than Siamsburys but much smaller, but 204 baht, they're having a laugh!

Pack of 9 Warburtons crumpets (probably the best crumpets in the world), 50 baht in the UK.

Edited by Spidey

It seems there are huge difference from Villa Market to Villa Market. The, as far as I know, original Villa Market near Sukhumvit Soi 33 has lots of things which are not available in other markets. And they have (or at least had when I was there) good staff who cared about what they were doing.

Other Villa Markets, i.e. in Sukhumvit Soi 11, are far away from that standard.

Personally I only buy in Villa Market things which I don't get anywhere else.

Many everyday items are cheaper and same or better quality i.e. in Foodland and especially in the fresh market.

• Like 2

Just now, johng said:

Yes but what butter (at what price) to be putting on those crumpets ???

You can't put a price on good butter. Many places sell Lurpack, salted or unsalted here. I personally like Allowice.

12 minutes ago, johng said:

Yes but what butter (at what price) to be putting on those crumpets ???

Butter is not cheap in Thailand but do you really think about if you can afford a pack of butter?

If you need it buy it. And if you want the more expensive brand then buy it.

It shouldn't be such a big expense that you have to think what else you can't buy because you bought that expensive butter.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Usually buy pack of six large crumpets from Siamsburys for 99 baht. Locally produced and not a patch on Warburton's in the UK. Went in Villa the other day, pack of six small crumpets, locally produced, 204 baht!

Have bought them before at a much lower price, slightly better than Siamsburys but much smaller, but 204 baht, they're having a laugh!

Pack of 9 Warburtons crumpets (probably the best crumpets in the world), 50 baht in the UK.

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Butter is not cheap in Thailand but do you really think about if you can afford a pack of butter?

Yes  being a "Cheap Charlie"   ????

....I think about how expensive butter is here,  not that I can't afford it it just grates on me  especially when I buy Anchor butter from New Zealand which is supposed to be under the ASEAN free trade agreement  similar with cheese,wine + beer from Laos all too expensive.

• Like 1