Four arrested after raid on fake painkiller drug factory

rooster59

Four arrested after raid on fake painkiller drug factory

By The Nation

Four suspects have been arrested for allegedly making and selling fake painkiller medicine after police and officials from the Food and Drug Administration Office raided a factory in Bangkok's Taling Chan

FDA officials and police from the Taskforce for Information Technology Crime Suppression raided HK Pharmaceutical Co and HK Medicine Co on Chak Phra Road and seized chemicals and several items for making fake Tramadol painkiller.

The fake drug was labelled as Tindol and Tradol.

Papawin Nithimethawin, 44, the owner of the factory, his wife, Tipasiri Jaturongsamrin 40, and two employees were arrested.

One of the employees was identified as Thiansin Sakwatcharaprakorn, the drug salesman. The other arrested employee was Thiansin's son, Thanpong Sakwatcharapakorn, 23.

FDA secretary general Tharet Kratnairawiwong said Tramadol is a controlled drug and each drug store can have no more than 1,000 Tramadol pills at a time, and each buyer can purchase no more than 20 pills at a time.

Tharet said the factory made the Tradol and Tindol drug in violation of the Tramadol copyright and without receiving a licence from the FDA.

Tharet said the drug was under control because youths have been known to abuse it by consuming it with alcohol, and it has resulted in death.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30358751

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-11-17

2 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Tharet said the drug was under control because youths have been known to abuse it by consuming it with alcohol, and it has resulted in death.

When I was a kid, other kids would mix aspirin and coca cola and drink that mixture.  Probably explains why you can hardly find aspirin in Thailand. 
I love the rational - if somebody can abuse a drug, make it almost impossible for those who use it legitimately to obtain it.  But using the same rational, why isn't alcohol only sold in pharmacies, and pharmacies limited to having only 83.3 six-packs in stock, and buyers limited to buying two six-packs which they have to sign their name to get.  What is the more abused drug here?  Tramadol or alcohol? 
I'm surprised they haven't banned raw papaya here. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, connda said:

When I was a kid, other kids would mix aspirin and coca cola and drink that mixture.  Probably explains why you can hardly find aspirin in Thailand. 
I love the rational - if somebody can abuse a drug, make it almost impossible for those who use it legitimately to obtain it.  But using the same rational, why isn't alcohol only sold in pharmacies, and pharmacies limited to having only 83.3 six-packs in stock, and buyers limited to buying two six-packs which they have to sign their name to get.  What is the more abused drug here?  Tramadol or alcohol? 
I'm surprised they haven't banned raw papaya here. 

Get it off your chest, I agree! :burp: