Mistake at Thai Embassy in Vientiane....

I've just returned after applying for a Non-Imm " O " Visa at Vientiane ( Marriage ), I DO Know I Filled the application form in CORRECTLY,as I've done MANY Other times,But on picking up my Passport on the day after applying I Noticed they gave me a ED Visa Single entry ?? I Pointed this out to Thai Immigration as I was coming back at the friendship bridge but the IO Didn't seem bothered,Anyway I Got my 90 days permission to stay so I'm not worried about it ( It WAS The Embassies MISTAKE ) But SHOULD I Be ????????

Over to YOU, UbonJoe.......

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Am I missing the point. Op states applied non o based in marriage. "Do it many times". Why not have annual " permission of stay" based on marriage. Up to you

Simple Answer is................NO HAB 400,000 Baht in Thai Bank,Only on a U.K State Pension.....

Edited by Nong Khai Man

1 hour ago, Nong Khai Man said:

I Did Point out there Mistake but got a STARE Of the Woman at the Window 2 Like I'd Grown a 2nd Head.....That's Why I Mentioned it to the IO at The Friendship Bridge......

Ubon Joe is the Almighty One as I told a guy at embassy who got burned on his ED visa....

And the dead eye 1000 miles stare   555  know it well

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raymonddiaz said:

It happened to me few months ago when i applied for a Non O they gave me a tourist visa and when i pointed that out they stamped and signed  on the visa and wrote non o. I didn't encounter any difficulties at suvarnabhum airport.

Had Similar Last Year, I Entered Thailand via The Friendship bridge on a Non'Imm " O " And was Stamped in for only 60 Days,I Pointed this out to the IO Who duly altered it to the 90 days.....They Do make MISTAKES Sometimes....

• Like 1

Unless planning to extend it at immigration for a year, it should not be a problem.  You should still be able to do a 60-day extension based on visiting Thai family (can even do this with Tourist entries). 

If you are staying long-term, and don't have the 400K-bank or 40K/mo, then a 1-Year ME Non-O based on Marriage from Savannakhet (or Vietnam) would be the way to go.  You can get 17 months total out of it, if doing a new entry just before it expires, and extending that for 60-days at your local imm-office.

Just be aware, if dealing with a local immigration office for any reason, to check their policy on TM-30 submissions, so you don't get hit with an unexpected fine.

2 hours ago, JackThompson said:

Unless planning to extend it at immigration for a year, it should not be a problem.  You should still be able to do a 60-day extension based on visiting Thai family (can even do this with Tourist entries). 

If you are staying long-term, and don't have the 400K-bank or 40K/mo, then a 1-Year ME Non-O based on Marriage from Savannakhet (or Vietnam) would be the way to go.  You can get 17 months total out of it, if doing a new entry just before it expires, and extending that for 60-days at your local imm-office.

Just be aware, if dealing with a local immigration office for any reason, to check their policy on TM-30 submissions, so you don't get hit with an unexpected fine.

Jack, I Normally Do the Multi "O" Non-Imm at Savanakhet but was unable to THIS time as the Mrs was in Hospital HERE in Nong Khai So had to do the EASIEST one which wouldn't see me away from visiting her Too Long......She is now out & recovering ( Thankfully ) & Yes I DO Mean that....So in February I Will do the Savanakhet way......AGAIN.....

Edited by Nong Khai Man
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nong Khai Man said:

Jack, I Normally Do the Multi "O" Non-Imm at Savanakhet but was unable to THIS time as the Mrs was in Hospital HERE in Nong Khai So had to do the EASIEST one which wouldn't see me away from visiting her Too Long......She is now out & recovering ( Thankfully ) & Yes I DO Mean that....So in February I Will do the Savanakhet way......AGAIN.....

Glad to hear she is on the mend.  Tell her the TV folks wish her well.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/19/2018 at 11:39 AM, JackThompson said:

If you are staying long-term, and don't have the 400K-bank or 40K/mo, then a 1-Year ME Non-O based on Marriage from Savannakhet (or Vietnam) would be the way to go.

Can you ellaberate on this a little please? When I stopped getting Non-B visas and switched to Non-O a few yrs back, I was told I could only get what amounted to a 90-day "Permission to visit the wife" Non-O and had to apply for a 9 month extention in country. The embassy in Vientine said they don't issue 1 yr Non-O visas.

I don't have the 440k in the bank but do have the 45k+ monthly income. I have/had never heard of rolling out of the country every yr and a half for a short vacation and less paperwork. :wai:

Edited by mrwebb8825

10 minutes ago, mrwebb8825 said:

The embassy in Vientine said they don't issue 1 yr Non-O visas.

They still don't issue them. But the consulate in Savannakhet Laos will issue a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage without having to show financial proof. The visa allows unlimited 90 day entries for a year from the day it is issued.

• Like 1

When I was living in Laos on business visas Lao Foreign Affairs put somebody else's visa in my passport and then realized their mistake and just stamped it "cancelled" and put the correct one in on the next page, when I looked at my wife's passport it had a visa issued to me in it with the "cancelled" stamp on it too!