Police have done precisely nothing in hunt for cop killer Red Bull's "Boss"

webfact

Indeed.
One rule of law for them.
And one rule of law for......................
If the current govt inc the Two Mr P's and Mr BJ were remotely interested in actually "reforming" the country and ending any form of corruption, Young Red Bull Boy would already have been serving two years of his sentence in Klink.
But they are not.
And he is not.
All Lip Service to The Elite.
One rule of law for them.
And one rule of law for.............
And unlike Malaysia, or South Korea, this country will never move fwd until actually starts prosecuting wrong doers regardless of their status in this caste-like system.
And it won't due to who wields the power. Unfortunately.
None of those wielding power democratic or junta have ever done a thing as they all belong to the group that benefits.

I can still remember the case of the PTP MP who shot his wife - assistant a d could not be prosecuted as long as he was an MP something with parliament in session.

So that faded away not sure what ever happened in the end but the rich are all protected.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

The law was changed to allow 'political' crimes to be heard in absentia.   It was done specifically for the Shins as they really annoyed the 'Elite' by winning every election this century.
Quite possible but its a great step forward. Now running does not mean they escape justice.

Before the likes of Thaksin could run and wait for the statute of limitation to run out.

Thankfully not anymore.

This should be extended to other crimes too as all to often people do a runner. I dont mean just Shins.

Recently someone defrauded a lot of students and did a runner. The law should cover those kind of crimes too.

40 minutes ago, malt25 said:

Any chance you are from the good ol US of A ?

Nah, he's another punter from the UCPFA.

The United Countries of Punters From Abroad who don't actually live here, but like to post using big words thinking they are clever, and denigrate anybody who is fortunate enough to live in this beautiful country with all it's warts and foibles.

I think in a lot of cases it's just envy & jealousy..............

........that they don't actually live here.

All countries have their strengths & weaknesses, as for corruption, you're very mistaken if it does'nt happen in the West, from the bottom rung of the ladder to the very top. In every country.

It's just not so full in your face and a bit more in the shadows (of the corridors of power).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Artisi said:

Askin was one major gangster along with one of the commissioners - - - who's name I can't recall, both outright criminals. 

We better not mention his name as up to about 9 years ago he was still alive ( the former Commissioner) and was on the Board of a Sydney Club I used to do some work for.

1 hour ago, malt25 said:

I don't necessarily disagree with the comment about police & military holding positions in government, but you might be overstepping the mark somewhat with a generalization comment of "scums of society"

correct, just some of the scum ...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, malt25 said:

I don't necessarily disagree with the comment about police & military holding positions in government, but you might be overstepping the mark somewhat with a generalization comment of "scums of society"

I meant to say running the country.... its a generalization that is well deserved. Majority of the problems in Thailand are caused by these folks in these two ministries. Lack of law enforcement by the police, and coups coups coups.

10 hours ago, robblok said:

Quite possible but its a great step forward. Now running does not mean they escape justice.

Before the likes of Thaksin could run and wait for the statute of limitation to run out.

Thankfully not anymore.

This should be extended to other crimes too as all to often people do a runner. I dont mean just Shins.

Recently someone defrauded a lot of students and did a runner. The law should cover those kind of crimes too.

The people that put this law into action (illegally) don't even have to wait for the statue of limitations to run out, they can't even be prosecuted. This law change had nothing to do with justice, and everything to do with abusing the justice system to go after their political enemies. A huge step in the wrong direction of course !

Under these circumstances, the Thai legal system can prosecute all they want, not a single sane country will ever extradite people under these conditions. Surpised you don't see it. Must be clouded by hatred for the subject at hand !

Meanwhile a cop killer such as the person described in the OP can wait for the statue of limitations to expire and return to Thailand as a free man. And without even a little bit of effort on behalf of the Thai authorities to extradite him. He must be one of the good guys...

Edited by sjaak327

On 11/18/2018 at 10:43 PM, colinneil said:

Of course the police have done nothing, after they received several million baht in large brown holdalls, they just sat back and did nothing.

But they have done nothing very well!

• Haha 2

Isn't that the plan?  Let the statues of limitations run out and then shrug as he re-enters Thailand as a free man?
Two tier justice systems.  Gotta love them huh.  Pack the plebes into the jails until they are overflowing; let the wealthy skate.
In some countries if he was to re-enter as a free man it would be with a target on his back. And someone would find that target. Would that happen in Thailand?

Sent from my E5823 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

There is wealth of researched documentation regarding historically-based Thai exiles of every class that might shed some light on how things are done here...

One will find that the patterns of political tradition follow a similar path. 

Generally speaking, most discussions here will not allow for historic precedent to reflect on contemporary affairs. 

Political tradition changes little in Thailand and historic cycles repeat themselves for the less discerning. 

All those whom consider this current theatre to a revealed revelation, need to recheck themselves and imbibe the historical similarities. 

Such connected clarity might set you free.......

'HIGH-SO' corruption with under the table dealings. Possibly?

A poor Thai pensioner had innocently picked mushrooms, was arrested and charged, yet a filthy rich, possible murderer, could get away with killing a Royal Thai Police officer. A real crime!

Why did the accuse run? Why did the accuse not appear in court? Why does the accuse not return to Thailand?

The 'Guilty Bell' rings out loudly in my ears.

The accused should be sent back to Thailand to stand trail.

Why the British government have not yet acted is beyond me! 

The rich and powerful such as Bankers Politicians Religious leaders and so on... (not all), but in general seem to get away with 'murder', whilst the rest pay for their mistakes.  

Once again greed lurks its ugly head...